Home

Jedimod grappling hook

Morthvargr

The hook is pretty neat, and it works like a dream and all... but it seems a little lacking in the style department. Someone should do a bit of work on it (I'm mostly an idea man and a dabbler, so dont look at me), and add some animations, and maybe some sounds or a new model, or something. As it is, you stand stock still, a glowing yellow blob shoots out of somewhere on your body, and you continue standing stock still as you fly through the air. Maybe some kind of throw animation could be used when it is fired (even the 'punch' animation would probably look good), and then the jump animation for when you are being pulled.

I don't thinks its possible to make the grapple model much better unless someone redesigned it into an actual weapon like the grapple in Quake2 for instance. Someone could design a cool model for it and a grapplelike projectile that shoots out of it. The only drawback to that is you wouldn't be able to use it offhand like you can now, you would have to switch to it like every other weapon which would mean you can't attack while using it. :(

I like your idea about adding those animations to the grapple, but your chances might be better if you post about that in the coding forum. Maybe BOFH who does Jediplus would be willing to do it, hes always looking for new stuff like that to put in.

I like the offhand thing, I just meant remodel the projectile, not make an actual weapon (I wasn't familiar with the remote seeker, I thought it was just a blob!). I was going to post this in coding, but I also wanted to mention sounds and models, so I posted here.

I did try jumping when it latched, but I think that you should go into the jump animations without having to do that.

i dont really see anything bad with it, it looks like you moving at first (when some one isa bout to hurt you) then you've just moved, and they are like "WTF?!?! I HAD YOU!!!" and then you can be all like "HAHAHAHA! IN YOU EYE GRANDPA, IN YOU BIG STUPID EYE!!!!!!!" then to really piss him off say "OMGLOL!!!111 ~*~ASL ASL~*~"

sorry i got carried away....

Archived