Home

Contest The battle of the Brave?

Twisted Vertex

So......I was talking with Chrono. It would be quite an interesting idea to hold in house contests. Like somebody chooses a topic and you have a certain time frame to model it and finish according to the guidlines. Like chrono thought it would be cool to have a 48 hour thing. You model/sking/rig and get the character or whatever it is ingame.

I think this has the ablitily to imporve some of our modeling and skinning ablities. Bring the community toghther and just have a good ol time.

cool, it really doesn't need to be a 48 hour thing. we can do it on a month/ week/ or whatever timeframe. I Just thought it would be cool to introduce some friendly competition.

It should bring everybody into. The model doesn't really have to be put in game, Just needs to be made By you, The whole sha-bang.

What would be really cool was having to contests staged. One for the everybody, and one for people with the programs that have rendor capablities.

Great Idea, Musashi!

But just to make it a better contest, you should try this:

1) Specify if it is for teams/individual modellers

2) No human models. There are way too much of them, and many could just re-arrange the existing models, so there's no real trial...

3) I'd say 48h for the model, another 48 for the skin.

4) Who would be the jury? It should be set before even starting the contest.

5) and many more...

Just be shure to PM me if you ever organise anything... i won't be participating, but i'd like to have a look!

we can select judges beforehand, by nominations. Those judges would in-turn review the models in a thread (Which will have the pics posted in it).

I don't know who would want to do what - but whatever the theme of it would be you and your "team" would be required to come up with the best rendition of it (like, if the theme was japanese warriors you would need a japanese warrior skin w/sword or rifle for weapon, and a small jungle map or something).

These would be mini-mods for amusement only ^_^.

Well that's a good idea but honestly it isn't for me. I don't model to win or anything, I model to make the game more enjoyable and because I like doing it. I'm not dissing your Idea by ANY means Musashi, I'm just postin a reason why I won't participate. Keep up wit da good Idea's (Musashi made a GREAT!!! desktop Wallpaper. I love it).

hmm.......this is how I would like to see it run.

The first comp is going to be the toughest. I feel the judges so be the admins of the jk2 site, For the first competition. The winner of the competiton, will automactially be judge of the next competition.

We will probably only need 2 or 3 judges at first, becasue the popularity will be small. But when it grows, we'll need UN-Biased people to help judge.

So when do you wanna start?

Originally posted by Rekked

2) No human models. There are way too much of them, and many could just re-arrange the existing models, so there's no real trial...

I'm pretty certain people could tell if it was just a rearranging of parts, and even at that ever time I've seen a model like that I tend to think it looks bad unless the model has something that made it look good.

As for the judges, I think that it might be better to set up permanate judges. I would suggest a team of about 5 people, preferably who don't hold any current oblogaztions to JK2 (other than being a fan of the game), that way they don't get caught up doing something else. Also, I think that to judge a model correctly they are going to need to see it ingame, otherwise the authors may be able to cover up some big mistakes.

i think you should give 2 reference pics (one from front, another from side) of something, and then tell the modellers to go make it in one week or something

after the week is up, whoever has the nicest looking model gets the prize (what is the prize by the way? love and attention?)

Archived