8 members have voted

1. 1. No Force, Saber only Duel Length

• 5 Minutes plus
    • 3 to 5 Minutes
    • 1 to 3 Minutes
    • 30 seconds to 1 Minute
    • Under 30 Seconds

OK,

This is a bone of contention in a number of threads Ive been following.

My server is set to low damage to make 'No Force, Saber Only Duels' last on average 2 to 3 minutes with equal ability players. I wanna know what the rest of the JK2 culture thinks on this matter. Feel free to comment as I am split between running the default damage values and running lower damage for the reason mentioned above.

For me any dues that lasts longer then 3 minutes is too long. I have my duel server set for a 3 minute time limit on duels. With the regular or increased damage settings one player will usually kill the other in 3 minutes or less. If not then the winner is decided by how much health each player has left. It gives incentive not to run away to much cause you don't wat to lose that way when you could have had a chance to win.

Originally posted by zerowingzero

There is nothing right with damage so low that it takes 5 red hits to get a kill. That is just plain wrong.

If you're gonna talk why not get what you gonna get right, it takes 2 clean hits off red and they'll be mince. 40-70 on avarae if it hits the saber and gets them.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

If you're gonna talk why not get what you gonna get right, it takes 2 clean hits off red and they'll be mince. 40-70 on avarae if it hits the saber and gets them.

Actually i was refering to the saber damage scale that Jah had set up, it actaully took 5 clean red hits to get a kill

Archived