Home

Mixed-Breeds

Usually, Down Syndrome is when the you have an extra chromosome, yes. Usually it is attached to the 21th chromosome pair, called Trisomy 21, netting you a 47 chromosome total. Then there's 'Translocated DS' and 'Mosaic DS' too, but they are highly unusual (unusual as in 3% of all DS inflicted, who are 1 in 1000 births).

And well, if you are a woman with DS, you are most often fertile. However, fertile men with DS is incredibly rare (Because it's easier to have at least the correct XX pair when your genes are messed up, than a proper XY pair).

So well, what we come to is that you can even have a different amount of chromosomes and breed. But even if we share 95-97% of our genes with apes, and we have the same amount of chromosomes, it's just not possible. Looking a bit similar won't help a bit when different species want to have children.

and i didn't mean they have hte same chromosomes, I meant they NEEDED to HAVE the same chromosomes, otherwise it wouldn't work. Thats why we can't get a dog pregnant, sperm and eggs have 23? resulting in 46 in total, and dogs have like 128 in total.

but i don't know everything, I'm only starting in grade 11 lol.

Archived