Home

Kicking

Xkookooman

Straight, frontal kick: Run towards an enemy or wall, when you are *nearly* there hit jump twice - VERY quickly!

The key points to look out for are: When are you hitting the jump key- too soon? Don't hit it too soon(!). It doesn't matter so much if you hit it too late (you'll still do a kick), but in a fight it's important. And another thing: Are you hitting jump fast enough? These are the most prevalent problems I've encountered in training young kickers....

The more technical "sidekick": Run sideways (strafe) into an enemy or wall, and then hit jump ONCE when you touch the wall or enemy - just as before, but only hit jump once.

Here, the thing to look out for is that you have run *sideways* into the target as in a 90 degree angle (optimal) and remembering to only hit jump once, and never too early.

Happy kickflippin'...

hey cjas wat is your jump key i have heard that people are using the right click mouse (go figure) which is supposed to make kicking easier (faster click) im tryin to use shift but if there are any good kickers wat key do u use to kick. Im not bad at using the spacebar but other people r soooooo good at kicking its like they never miss......... any suggestions?

Originally posted by Shashkastorm

hey cjas wat is your jump key i have heard that people are using the right click mouse (go figure) which is supposed to make kicking easier (faster click) im tryin to use shift but if there are any good kickers wat key do u use to kick. Im not bad at using the spacebar but other people r soooooo good at kicking its like they never miss......... any suggestions?

Hey, I use the spacebar! If it worked for quake, it's damn well gonna work for anything else!!! LMFAO!

I seriously can't understand all the fuzz about kicking being so hard to pull off - I don't even have to mash my keyboard, simply to taps will do the trick....

I'm no good kicker and I rarely kick unless kicked at first, but when do want to kick - I do so - spacebar or not...

Spacebar works, at least for me. Don't let anyone tell you that a certain key cofiguration is the best.

Really, I suppose using your right mouse button could be *slightly* easier for kicking, but I just can't see the big difference.

The reason I use the standard key config is that I won't have to adapt when forced to use another pc, or when my friends use mine.

Archived