Home

what new empire unique unit would you like to see in a sequel?

joesdomain

Which unit would you like to see added as a unique unit or units to the empire?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which unit would you like to see added as a unique unit or units to the empire?

• Scout Trooper on a Speeder (Return of the Jedi)
    • Imperial Interrgator Droid (A New Hope)
    • Imperial Pilots
    • Imperial Guards
    • Imperial Officers
    • Snowtroopers (Empire Strikes Back)
    • Tie Avenger
    • Tie Advanced (Add to Airbase)
    • Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle (Added to Airbase)
    • Other

OK I suppose this one is abit more sensible. But what use will Snowies and Officers have here? Snowtroopers are just a cosmetic change from Stormtroopers, and Officers will have nothing to do.

Same with pilots, in the game, u assume that the TIEs are already piloted.

Also Lambada Class shuttle is already in the airbase, if u play on a resolution higher than 800x600 and read the text u will see.

Here is another revised list of new empire unique units, toy box units, hero units, etc.?

Scout trooper-Toy Box Unit

Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle-Remove from Toy box unit list and add to Empire Airbase as Unique Unit

Tie Advanced- Remove from toy box unit list and add to empire airbase as unique unit.

Imperial Navy Troopers- Toy Box Unit

Imperial Interrgator Droid-Toy Box Unit

R4-7 Death Star Droid-Toy Box Unit

Mark IV Sentry Droid-Toy Box Unit

Imperial Gunners-Toy Box Unit

Tie Fighter Pilots-Toy Box Unit

Admiral Thrawn-Toy Box Unit

Grand Moff Tarkin-Toy Box Unit

Admiral Ozzel-Toy Box Unit

Captain Piett-Toy Box Unit

Admiral Piett-Toy Box Unit

Captain Needa-Toy Box Unit

Moff Jerjerrod-Toy Box Unit

General Tagge-Toy Box Unit

Admiral Motti-Toy Box Unit

Star Destroyer Class I-Unique Unit

Star Destroyer Class II- Unique Unit

Super Star Destroyer- Unique Unit

What would be really fun is to make pilots for all civs(aircraft,mechs,some heavy weapons) you would need to make them and put them into your aircraft or it won't fly or won,t do anything. It could be fun to send rescue parties to save your pilots when they are in trouble... and enemy pilots can steal your mechs or aircraft if they are unmanned.

Sith_master,

what do you mean?

Here is another idea. When you tribute ressources you wonder how they are transferred. We should use Cargo Hovercrafts to send tributes and if they are attacked then the one who destroys the hovercraft gets what's in it.

Storage depot

This idea might need some micromanagement. You need to build Storage depot to store your ressources. Same thing with Hovercraft, if destroyed, player who destroyed it gets what's inside. For a number of ressources you need a certain number of storage depot(2000 food for exemple, will need four storage depot, 500 food per depot).

That is all for now...

I say add Imperial Lamda CLass Shuttle and Tie Advanced as Unique Units for Empire. The Shuttle can carry 10 units, has strong armor and shields, has lots of hit points, range of 6, and attack is about 8. Tie Advanced (Tie Avenger)- attack 10, hit points 60, armor-1, shields, and a range of 8.

Do you realize that by giving the Empire super-fighters you need to give everyone else super-fighters too? And super-AA to counter those units? And super-cannons/grenadiers/mech destroyers to destroy the super-AA sometime this year? The list goes on and on. There's nothing wrong with an attack/hp increase across the board, but there's really no reason to do so.

I think adding a feature that allows you to capture troops and other units and you receive points and extra resources for them. Add a special building like a prison for the empire but also all prisons to the other civilizations. Have guards for them and commanders to lead the troopers and armies against the other civilizations.

For instance add Imperial Officers and Navy Troopers for the empire.

I hate that whole moral boosting by officers crap. Gameplay>realism.

The only way it was done effectively was with the eilhendar (i soooo spelled that wrong!) in AoM. It would randomly take a break from slicing and dicing and blow its horn. Not only was that very good verus buildings, raises the attack of all allied units for a little while, surrounding them in a red auroa (theyre one of my favorite MUs and you get them in the second age):) .

I agree with sithmaster about the morale thing. It's too complicated and confusing.

As for the reference to cossacks it is a little stupid to do that to SWGB. The armies in cossacks required that because the wars in that time required an officer to command a battalion, to organize it. If they did not have an officer they could not march in their perfect squares. SWGB does not need officer for that. People will still march in a straight line without some idiot yelling out orders.

Archived