Home

Grannen! hope you still come round here!

Joshi

two words Windows XP (or is that three words?)

basically, ever since i put it in, nothing works, in particular, MI4. fist it tells me that i got low virtual memory, so you need to tell me what a realistic amount of virtual memory i need to play the game and not slow down my computer (i know how to change it, i just need a realistic number). now, even when it tells me this, it still gives me the option of playing which is good, and i can play it for about half an hour, but after that, the game quits and i have to start it again. what do i do? (and do not say to save the game every twenty minutes, because that's just annoying)

please help (also, if you can, sam and max hit the road, day of the tentacl, full throttle adn the dig, all don't work on XP, help me if you can, if you can't dont' worry about it. it doesn't really matter.)

you da man Grannen, help please.

Not sure about what level of virtual memory would be optimal, it depends on how much RAM you have, how much hd space you have free. Come to think the windows default settings are normally ok, perhaps you dont have much hd space free for windows to use and/or little ram.

Anyway for all the other games in XP use LEC Quick And Easy

You will need a few VDMSound components installed too, see here for links to em.

How much is working?

Can you get the Menu?

Does it pass the tests?

Insert the CD and select Help - Analyze Your Computer

Check that everything is passed

Click on DirectX Diagnostics and run the tests.

You might need the correct driver for your graphic card. Check the manufacturers site and download the driver for Windows XP. It might be that it is the graphic RAM that is filled up.

If you can't find the driver then perhaps I can find it if you let me know the type of graphic card you are using. :)

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

i did all that grannen said

i analyzed my computer, i ran the DirectX Diagnostics. this was before i asked for your help as i usually save this as a last resort. and it can't be anything wrong with this computer as it played brilliantly before i installed Win XP ( exact same computer, but different OS) we did recently replace our master CD drive (D:\) from a 24X Max to a 54X max, but if anything, that should make it better right (replaced because of problems with the first, nothing to do with purposel;y upgrading or anything) and it's been running fine for now.

we have all of the correct drivers for even more powerfully graphically charged games work well on this machein.

you asked if i can get the menue. yes, i can do absolutely everything i could normally do whilst playing the game, but it comes to the about half an hour into the game and everything goes down. i really think its the virtual memory. wait about a day or so an'd i'll give you my computer details (OS, mem, RAM and such). and hopefully that should help.

and bgbennyboy, like i said, it workded before and it's the same machien, just a different OS, so it wouldn't be the system. and i've got Quick and Easy and the sound drivers, they don't work, i don't know why, they just don't.

Archived