Home

Interested in trying ProMod Beta 2 in FFA ?

Fo Shizzle

Greetings Fellow saberists ;)

I am [PrX]Fo Shizzle from the Praxeum Knights saber only server. We are a dedicated group of people always running a clan server using the latest of Artifex's Promod. We are inviting any and all players to come and check out Artifex's latest creation on our server at 206.169.69.25:2807. Make sure to download the Mod before trying to join the Praxeum Knights Server.

We are mostly adults on our server, we ask all our guests to act accordingly. We of course have the basic rules on our server No attacking, forcing or kicking unarmed folks. Lastly, A shameless plug :p We are currently recruiting for members who are interested in joining a mature clan geared towards promod compititions. Come check us and Artifex's Promod, You will not be disappointed IF you take the time to learn the rules of the Mod and our server.

Thanks for your time and may the force be with you :)

"Server is for low pings only"

Crap...I was just about to teach you guys a dozen new ways to kick my ass, but... :(

I guess I get to live to see another day :D

All Europeans AHOY! Get on the Stenstad Promod FFA-server ( 195.139.52.130:28070)! Log on and beat me senseless! :D

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Yeah it's a good server, if not a little slow on the updateing of promod. ;)

Have you changed the map rotation and enabled jedi master force setting?

Map rotation is still default stock map rotation. However we are beginning to add custom maps to the server and at least for now until we got a decent steady bunch of people playing only then will we actually put them into rotation. Until that time we will load custom maps as we see fit.

No Jedi Master settings yet, we thought at least for a saber focused FFA server, master force powers would detract too much from that.

Custom maps? Nah.

For saber only you'll want the following maps:

Bespin

Massasi temple

Deathstar

Garbage facility

NEVER use map raven EVER! hate that map, no good for saber duels and it's so very crampted.

With promod as is, there are fewer people in the servers (mostly because of people not understanding it and not having auto-dl on) and custom maps will get you even less players.

Edit:narshada and ctf_bespin=NO!

Hahaha...you're just whining 'cause you can't counter my l337 strat!

I start off with finding the longest narrow hallway. Then I get my DFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFA-rampage going! Whoohoo! And when I finally hit the back wall with 10 fresh frags; just a quick 180-degree turn and DFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFADFA! :D

Aaahh...that map is for the truely skilled. :rolleyes:

Seriously...have you ever tried to play there with, like, 20 people all guns and force enabled? ...it's the sickest thing ever... :D

(EDIT: Upsie...I was talking about this: "NEVER use map raven EVER! hate that map, no good for saber duels and it's so very crampted. ")

ArtifeX wrote

Let me know if you guys set up something big for a specific time. I'll make sure to be there and answer questions, demonstrate new stuff, and generally see how things go.

That is a great ideal, what do think about hosting the first small promod Comp. Hawk, to get things rolling ?

Besides that, Artifex it was great to see you on the server the other day and you are welcome along with all others anytime :)

Hi, ZwZ and Psionic we are glad you guys enjoy our server. Of course you know the server has changed since we beagn running Promod. But we still enforce the rule of Saber down=Peace. Since Promod is in beta we are letting lightning and all other force powers go to see the balance between everything.

I personally would love to see some new maps on the server, but as Hawk said we need to get more regulars involved first.

Lastly, I am in favor of the Knight force mastery setting, unless Promod compititions have master as the norm and it puts us at a disadvantage. Although the force is a big part of the game I like to think it all boils down to Saber :lsduel: skill to truly best your opponent.

Woot ! 3 posts :urpdude:

Although I hadn't thought it all the way through yet Praxeum Knights Clan will be holding a public promod competition in the near future. This weekend is probably a wee bit early to get setup, but for our clan alone we will probably have practice. Next weekend however is wide open.

If anyone has any suggestions for the competition please post them here. Off the top of my head my thinking is...

Praxeum Knights Clan vs All or al a carte

CTF

Best of 3 or 5 games

30 minute time limit

8 captures

Or we could do a Team FFA or something....

My clan and I are open to any possibility as concerning the match.

CTF is the most widely accepted team gametype to be played.

I realize however the current promod community is probably largely duelists so I'm even open to perhaps a 2 v 2 duel competition. Most of us aren't duelist per se, but very experienced in duels none the less. And large scale ass kicking. :)

Archived