Home

can someone tell me how to skin??

UPA_warrior_

First, you need a sharp knife. The sharper, the better. If the subject is still alive, he/she/it should be firmly tied down(and you should seek help. And I don't mean someone who's good with knots). Make clean, straight cuts, and peel slowly or you may stretch or tear the skin. Now before I continue your skinning education, I'll need a check for $19.95 for the next lesson, and $9.95 for each additional lesson.

Bradfu and Kman are just fooling with you... Here you go with some more helpfull information...

Step 1: Make a cut just below the knee or ankle.

Step 2: Starting with the legs make cuts on the inside of the leg. Cut down each leg to an imaginary line in the center of the belly, just in front of its genitals.

Step 3: Cut Around the anus and begin a cut from the base of the back. Use your fingers to separate the "tail" from the skin.

Step 4: Cut from the intersection of the two leg cuts up the center of the body. Go slightly to the side of the penis if it’s there. Continue this cut all to halfway up the lower jaw.

Step 5: Make two cuts on each arms, following the centerline of each arm, back to the cut made along the centerline of the body. Here you can use some discretion to how you want the skin to lay, cuts toward the front of the arms will hump the legs a bit, giving a little more ‘body’ to a wall display. Cuts along the centerline or slightly to the rear of the centerline will allow the legs to lay flat better suited to rug type displays.

Step 6: Once all the cuts are made begin working the skin off, beginning with the legs and working towards the front, by working your fingers between the skin and the flesh. Be careful around any bullet holes as a small tear can become a large one by mistake. Keep working at pulling the skin off, using your knife only when absolutely necessary!

Step 7: Once you have the skin worked from the legs, back and stomach areas, pull it over the top of the head and up against the ear bases. Stretch the skin a bit and trim off the ears, making as small a hole as possible. Continue to trim and pull the skin down past the eyes and down the face. Trim off the lips. Finally trim the nose off at the base.

Trim off any large pieces of flesh or fat that is visible on the skin. The fat will discolor the skin as it dries and flesh will simply rot the skin and you may end up with an area of the skin with hair loss.

Voila! You’re done! Fold the skin in half, flesh against flesh, and roll it up carefully for transport! We look forward to seeing some of your work.

NB: We cannot emphasize enough on how important it is to have a razor sharp knife, if you bring a dull knife to a skinning party, you might as well stay home!

Try getting photoshop or paintshop pro (or something related). Just play around with shades and color depths. It's really quite easy. Also for a good idea of shading try taking a look at some pictures of some family members or something. Its all in the shading. Also you can find some good tutorials here Good luck. can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Curse you, Nano! You've foiled my plans for the last time! I SHALL RETURN! WAHAHAHAHAHAH! (BTW, that was graphic and disgusting and just what I needed to start my day off :) )

UPA_warrior_: the reason we're screwing around with you like this is because you're person number 4,273 to ask the magic question of "How do I skin?" The main problem with this question is that it simply can't be answered quickly or easily. If someone were to actually train you how to skin, from beginning to end, it could take months. The number one thing you have to have to be able to skin is a working knowledge of a graphics editing program (and I don't mean cutting and pasting parts of images, or doodling in MSPaint). If you've got that, then check the thread at the top entitled "Before you ask a question- Skinning Tutorial's & Info" at the top of the Skinning forum. The existence and placement of this thread is part of what annoys us when we see the seemingly hourly "How do I skin?" thread. KMan has provided lots of resources for skinning in that thread, but it seems to get ignored far too often. It's as if KMan sensed your question before you asked, provided many answers for it, and when you got here, you said "Yes, but how do I SKIN?". It gets old after a while :)

Originally posted by UPA_warrior_

i meen like jk2 skin, like yoda and all the other people.

lol

What??? That's not how they did it? Man, I ordered 300 bucks worth of books on Game Skinning and Varmint Pelting for nothing???!!! Damn it!!! :confused::mad::(

... seriously we need a faq up there for those questions who have been answered 1230 time... I'll try to copy and paste them has they occur (if I see them), and maybe it will get into a faq someday.

Archived