Home

Useful console command for duel players

Homosexual Ewok

\cg_hudFiles 1

(\cg_hudFiles 0 will give you back the old HUD)

What it basically does is replace the icons in your HUD with numbers.

Personally, when playing Full Force duels, I find it is a far easier and more accurate way to monitor your Force pool rather than trying to guess if those little bars are 58, 59, 60?

I imagine it would be of some use in other game types too, but in FF duels where drain is the most common powers used, being able to activate your chosen power the exact second it becomes available gives you a slight advantage if your opponent is doing nothing but Draining.

Also, I can’t help but notice some confusion on the part of newer players as to which “color” is heavy stance, light stance, and so on.

This also replaces the “saber color bar” with the words “FAST/MEDIUM/STRONG” each time you cycle to a new stance.

I imagine any players out there who are color blind could greatly benefit from this also since you would be able to cycle through the stances while running and not have stop or guess what stance you were in if you hit the key too many times.

Yeah, once you memorize the cost (in points) of each power you use, you can pretty much eliminate the "Damn, if I would have only turned on Absorb/Protect/Heal/Drain/Grip a second earlier" factor.

I like the standard HUD, but in competitive play, tactically it is smarter to use the number HUD.

BTW if any of you want a toggle bind (turns it off and on) for it use this:

\bind h toggle cg_hudFiles

Archived