Home

What do you think?

ddragon64

needs a little bit more than just a touch up. It looks like he is wearing sand. His melon is like 5 different shades,the hands are a constant shade...Is this a whole model? or a custom skin? Ok I see a custome model casue no default model has those sleeves.....DUH

YOu can pretty much tell where the caps are located. The boots are a nice shade, But whats with that big brown stain on his rob at his hips. The belt is also pretty decent looking.

Yeah, I kind of forgot about ears. I'm trying to find where those black spots are coming from. I just wanted to get something up so everyone could check it out and pick out probs that I may have not noticed. Skin tones on the face are definitely getting fixed up, since everyone looks there first. Thanks for the comments, keep them coming.

:ben: Dragon

Also, he's in need of a name. Anyone got any ideas?

Originally posted by Morthvargr

"Bryn Mawr"

it's also a town to the west of philadelphia ... snobby, rich, stuck-up mo-fo's. :D

so ddragon64, it looks like you're taking pieces of your face (?) and putting them on a modeled head. am i right? it IS a good idea, but it needs a little bit o' work ...

- the eyes and eyebrows look a little too small, too high on the face (should be at roughly midpoint and align with ears, oh wait, he doesn't have any ;) ), and spread to far apart. the eyes themselves seem to be looking in different directions, too.

- i think the fact that the nose is from a photo (at least that's how it looks), you can scrap it. you might as well make your own just painted on the skin. as it is now it stands out WAY too much.

- he needs to have some kind of defined brow. you can possibly define it just by applying different blended shades of the skin tone.

- the face itself needs to be blended in with the rest of the head. it kinda looks like he's wearing a mask.

what's the thing on the back of his head? looks like a pig's tail. ;) is he completely bald, or is it more of a shaved head? if it's the latter, put some kind of stubble/5 o'clock shadow on his gord.

not everything needs work, though ... i DO like the chin/goatee you have going on.

i think if you're gonna do a photo-realistic face, then the WHOLE face needs to be a photo. it seems, at least to me, to be pretty tough blending a photo in with a "painted-on" skin. that's not to say it CAN'T work, however. just keep cranking away and posting your progress to get feedback and you'll get the skin to where you want it.

oh yeah, add some ears! or else you can name him WAH-DIHD YOOSAY :D

Couple suggestions for ya. First, I would model the tabards and obi rather than skin them, because it just plain looks better that way. Same deal with the belt. The textures for the clothes look pretty good on the whole, but I would modify them so that the wrinkles and such are in a place that makes more sense. Right now they seem to be placed kind of haphazardly, which makes for kind of a sloppy effect. Right now what it looks like (to me anyway) was that you modeled his torso and painted clothes over it, rather than giving the clothes themselves shapes of their own. While this technique of painting directly on the skin is good in some cases (as in the case of painting a bathing suit onto a naked Heidi Klum :hearteye: ) the effect isn't as nice on this model.

I would definitely give him ears, it will give you an idea of where to correctly put the eyebrows (this has already been said). And ya gotta do something with the nose because right now he reminds me of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. Some more facial features in general would be nice, as well as a head that doesn't look like an egg. The goatee is nice, but I don't get the ponytail thing in the back. Maybe with hair on the rest of the head it could work, but right now it looks like he should come with a mod that lets him sell his opponents flowers rather than kicking their @$$ with your weapon of choice.

That's about it for now. Keep it up though, it's a great start.

Here's a couple new pics. Fixed the nose thing and put his ears back on(just call him mr potato head). I'm trying to fix those holes and the clipping(stuff marked in red). That shoulder pad thing is next. Need to reweight the shoulders. Except for the head, all the other textures and stuff are just place holders. When he's done the boots will have buckles, cloths will look better and maybe the tabards(I can't decide on them). If you guys think he should have them, let me know. I know I can't make everyone happy but I can try. Those are some good names yadu. I like Pon Ytailia. Keep them coming guys.

http://www.geocities.com/ddragon64/newjedi3.html

:ben: Dragon

To really check for clipping problems you should get him in-game. ModView seems to overexagerate in the clipping area. The face still looks a little off. I know you just pieced together some photos, but I suggest you try making your own from scratch. It really isn't has hard as it looks. Check out the skinning forums for some links to some great tutorials. They really helped me alot.

hey glad u like the names!:)

Its looking better with the ears(now he looks human). there isnt much on the face, most of it is blank so u should add some detail there. but you are making good progress! here r some more names to consider!:)

-WoK Lopojak

-Master Whip

-Destinoritia

-Ro Berafloj

But my favourite is PON YTAILIA by far, that is the ruler of all names! keep me updated. what programs did u use to make the model and skin by the way?

Archived