Home

Subconsciousness = Perfection?

obi

Seen this over on the MI forums started by Kjølen, and thought it was interesting.

well, here it is:

Posted by Kjølen

An interesting idea. As conscious man was created to make mistakes, but what about subconscious man? God created man to be imperfect we know this. But if we're not conscious of what we're doing then we're not in full control then, sort of like instinct. So subconscious may be the link to perfection?

As I have noticed while picking up my abandon Trombone since i hardly played during summer. Yes I was TERRIBLE. I was trying to get the Monkey Island theme right again. I was always making mistakes. ALWAYS. Then, when a commercial pops up that i want to see. I forget about the trombone. When i snapped to after the commercial I noticed that I had been playing the Monkey Island theme perfectly the whole time. Which makes sense. Mistakes are sometimes caused by consciousness thinking "Uh-oh better do good, NO STOP THATS NOT RIGHT! Oops...."

So the whole time i was terribly play trombone i switch to perfect when I'm not paying attention to it.

And this was not just today, infact it happen many times and not just on the trombone but everyday life.

Interesting eh?

Discuss.

well, what do you think about this?

I dont think its subconsciousness that caused you to play your bone' well. It was because your mind was not full of the clutter that caused you to play it wrong. Its just like clearing your mind. When you actually clear your mind, its not because of you are subconscious. You will yourself to clear your mind

The unconscious mind processes 11 million bits of information in every second, while the conscious mind is right at about 16 bits per second.

Senses:

Max Unconscious-------------Max Conscious

Sight 10,000,000 bits/sec----40 bits/sec

Sound 100,000 bits/sec------30 bits/sec

Touch 1,000,000 bits/sec------5 bits/sec

Taste 1,000 bits/sec------------1 bits/sec

Smell 100,000 bits/sec---------1 bits/sec

The unconscious mind is responsible for about 90% of all actions and processing. When you tell you self to pick up something, what you're really telling yourself is what you want the end result to be and not how to actually do it. Your unconscious mind figures out all the math, what muscles to use and finally the actual process to do it. If we had to process how to walk from here to there, well... we'd never get to there. :D

Archived