Home

WIP: Optimus Prime, By Sithlordii and me...

Arco

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are too awesome!

I love it.

sithlord, talk about picking this stuff back up with a bang. Man, what scale would you want to set this guy on in Jedimod? :)

Heh, those skins are looking amazing Arco, and sithlord that mesh looks mint. This will bring one of my good buddies to tears when he sees this.

It's funny I was just watching an old Max Fleischer cartoon and was thinking about cel shaders for JK2. Way to go guys :D

-nomad

MTFBWY

Oh wow. I think I'm about to faint. My heart just skipped a beat.

I LOVE Transformers (the original ones not those dumb ones out today)! I want to see the dino guys made! What were they called again? It's been so long since I have seen the show. Oh yeah, maybe this is wishful thinking but; on some later date would you guys consider making you transformers skins....erm.... transform? If you did I'd probably kill to get them. :D:p

Edit: Just remembered. Their name is the Dinobots!

One shall stand, one shall fall.

he will have taunts from the show and movie, i do plan on a full sound pack for him. I have a little bit more to do on the mesh by means of touching up and UV mapping last bits for arco to sink his teeth into.

Currently, Optimus will not transform in JK2 - perhaps in other engines if he is ported to them...

Originally posted by sithlord-II

One shall stand, one shall fall.

he will have taunts from the show and movie, i do plan on a full sound pack for him. I have a little bit more to do on the mesh by means of touching up and UV mapping last bits for arco to sink his teeth into.

Currently, Optimus will not transform in JK2 - perhaps in other engines if he is ported to them...

He can be imported to transform on Bid For Power: the quake 3 mod

Great work this looks like every thing else the all-star team has done before all of arco sithlordii and others always looks great but when you put pros together you give people chill bumbs by there outstanding work. Incase anyone didnt know theres a new transformers out but its not as good as the first... (fridays cartoon network)

My god in heaven, that model looks amazing. I am a huge fan of Optimus Prime, and that is the best 3D model I have ever seen of him. SithLord and Arco, you guys need to do this stuff for a living. I am not going to sit here and pick at any of it. The model is obviously dead on, and the skin- the comic one in particular- is detailed like madness!

Please finish this.. and someone get to work on a SP Kyle replacement so that I can kick Desann's ass with the big OP!!!!

Brings tears to me wee eyes... (sniff)

I think Megatron or Galvaton would make a great next model, then you could replace Desann with him.. oh the possibilities!

Excellent model, excellent skin. There are some differences between the DW skin and what Prime actually looks like in the comic, such as the missing detailing in the thighs, the ridges on the shins go all the way up to the knee, biceps and elbows are silver, the blue bit at the bottom of the crotch, the exorbitant amount of plate lines accross his body... all excluding the totally different proportions Pat Lee draws Prime in. But the character is completely recognizable and flawlessly executed.

And more people need to be buying DreamWave Productions' Transformers comic, written by Chris Sarracini and illustrated by Pat Lee. Both the art and the story are the best Transformers related media I've seen out of anything, including the original season. I'd skip Transformers: Armada, which they are also adapting, and I can't make any calls on The War Within (a limited series detailing how Optimus came to be Prime). But get Transformers by DW. (Best moment so far: Prime leaping up to Devestator's head and letting loose with his gun. Lots of collatoral damage, which actually plays a large role in the series.)

I am glad to see a community that seems so strong come together and recognize "good ideas." In this case, a model. A great one at that that will surely please all those familiar with the Transformers in any way what-so-ever. Hopefully, as the TC's role out they will be recognized as well. Not even the UT community had such a strong gathering. Way to go JK2!:D

oh happy day :) this just brings a smile to my face.

You sound like you have all the sounds taken care of, I just thought I'd offer my help if needed as I have the complete 1st season of 1st gen on DVD. I've been watching it every morning for the last few weeks and loving every minute of it.

I was laughing for at least an hour after hearing Brawn call soundwave a "dipstick tapedeck"

long live skyfire!!

Archived