Home

WIP: Megatron Transformer

Midgit Yoda

Well I was making this model to go with Sithlordii and arco's Optimus Prime model they were making but it looks as though they're not going to put that in JK2 (I requested for them to send the .max file to me and I would try my best to get it in game). I was working on this when I first read the Optimus prime thread. Now I'm not any Sithlordii when it comes to modeling but I guess it's pretty good. It'll look way better when the REAL skin is on it (this is just a temporary skin that I threw together today just for looks. It's not even finished. Just the face and front torso). And before anyone posts is, I know that the Decepticon icon on his chest is too big hehe. I just wanted it that big for looks :) I probably won't skin the actual version I'm just wanting some decent screens. Anyway enough mumbo jumbo, here are some renders. Keep in mind that the skin on there is TEMPORARY and unfinished lol.

Megatron001

Megatron002

Megatron003

Megatron004

Also on the mesh, I just today realized that I need to add the round barrel to his back. I'll do that once I get home tonight (have to go to a stinkin picnic yuck :rolleyes: )

Also I'm debating on wether or not I should attach the gun to the top of his arm even though it will not function. The only problem if I did is that I'd have to make it not stick out as far as his hand b/c that would make the lightsaber deform through it oddly.

Well, I forgot to post the polycount before hehe. The current polycount is roughly 1424. It would be about 1200 but when I optimized the face it looked like royal crap so I didn't optimize the face.

I don't really like skinning and I'm not too hot at doin it, so I need someone to skin it. Mariners if you wanna skin it, it's all you. I love your work. Also if someone wants to do a team skin (I was thinkin Hapslash because he's a great skinner as well).

I'll probably run into some deformation problems as well because my Megatron model is basically build like Optimus except for a few things. I'll try my best to get it to deform decent, if I can I'll try to talk sithlordii into letting me work on Optimus or tell him how I fixed Megatron :). I'll post an update on Megatron tonight (gonna try to get him finished UVMapped, weighted, and capped tonight and run him through assimilate).

Yeah, I know. The proportions are way off (hoped no one would notice). That's quite honestly the best I can do because of Stupid Raven's Skeleton. I guess if no one likes it this way and thinks it could work I'll just quit workin on it. I'm working on an "accurate" version for Unreal Tournament (because they're not stupid like Raven's JK2 lol). I've gotten really far on the JK2 version as incorrect as it may be so if there are people wanting me to finish it, just let me know.

Archived