Home

NEW Server: (The JEDI Way) IP: 66.177.42.28 :28070

griff38

You can't really say "low ping", becuase ping is mostly determined by the distance between host and client.

For example, if you were located on the West Coast and I was located on the East Coast then my ping to you would probably be 100+

However if I were located in the same state or even city as you, my ping would be around 30-50 depending if my IP routes me correctly.

Cable companies like Road Runner are the worst for ping becuase they will first route you to the East Coast AOL Time Warner servers first before routing you to your destination.

So If I were using Road Runner to connect to my next door neighbor's server, my connect would travel to the east coast and back into his house next door. Sad isnt it?

*hands you a NIC*

*walks into back room*

*returns with 100 ft of ethernet cord*

*hands it to you*

DEAL >.<

:p

Eh, I'm already on the east coast, and I never connect to anyone locally that I'm not already on a LAN with so it hardly matters for me..

-edit- And actually, if he has a good connection, and I have a good one.. the ping can be low.. I've gotten well under a 100 ping on server from Europe

Archived