Home

how do I fix this glitch?

tiger_eyes

hi everyone, iv got a bit of a problem with grim fandango. s'drivin me nuts, so i thout id run it past yaz...

Right, Im in year three and doin the puzzle with the crane at the edge of the world. So Ive detatched the big claw thingy from the chain and lowered the chain so its sitting up at the top of the conveyer belt. So I get out of the crane and walk past the chain down the conveyer belt. So Manny is under the water and walking down the sloped bit of the belt, but when M gets to the join between the sloped and flat bit of belt, he acts like the current has swept him off his feet, and uses his hand to pull himself up the belt again.

In short, I cant get manny to get off the conveyer belt while the chain is down and therefore I cant get past that puzzle!

Sorry bout the whole majorly long post thing I have goin on here, but please try to help me! you're my only hope! ;)

Tiger

Tall guy, I downloaded the patch you recommended, and it did nothing for me! Manny still falls over like the big dead freak he is on the belt. Thanks neway! :)

Darth, is the patch you were talking bout the one Tall guy recommended? If not, sure I'll gladly get in touch with you via email about it :) Have you guys ever heard of this happnin before?

Tiger x

The patch does nothing for this problem, I'm afraid.

You've got two options here. First, load a saved game from before you got onto the belt and--before you have to get back on it again--flip the switch beside it so it runs in the other direction. If you've been using the same slot for each save, I could e-mail you a save from when Manny arrives at the island...and you'll have to flip the switch.

There's a bug and a speed issue here, and the bug kicks in only when the chain is lowered when the belt is running toward the surface (it's not 'current' that's doing it, it's the direction the belt is running). When you flip the switch the belt is running toward the edge and the chain when it's lowered feeds out along the length of the belt and Manny can walk on the chain normally.

Archived