Home

exactly what does promod do?

James Brophy

Originally posted by shaolin_blade

My experience with ProMod has been that people just run around in circles and try to hit each other in the back.

I don't think that's what saber combat was supposed to be.

:snear::disaprove

I have played a lot of ProMod and while you do try to score hit outside of the block area (usually the side not the back) ProMod fight has always been about knowing what attack to use in what situation. If they are blocking slam them with heavy and chain an attack, if they are swing heavy attack with a few light stance hits..etc

If you played and tried to hit everyone in the back...well...I can only think of one thing to say....NOOB!

I didn't say that was my strategy.

That's what everyone was doing to me. I've played in quite a few ProMod games, and each fight I was in, regardless of the server, all they did was circle me and hit me in the back.

Every time.

Sorry if you don't like my answer, but I've been playing this game since day 1. Save your N00B comments for someone who speaks 12 year-old.

I didn't say that was my strategy.

That's what everyone was doing to me. I've played in quite a few ProMod games, and each fight I was in, regardless of the server, all they did was circle me and hit me in the back.

:disaprove They circled you and hit you in the back? How on earth did they get behind you without you smashing them a few times?

Sorry if you don't like my answer, but I've been playing this game since day 1. Save your N00B comments for someone who speaks 12 year-old.

Ok so maybe your not a NOOB, sorry, I didn't realize you had played since day one and somehow you never learned to keep people away from your backside. I was wrong to call you a noob when you obviously are a player that considers attacking your enemies weak side a stupid way of playing, which would make you a bad player, not a noob. My mistake :)

Originally posted by Spider AL

Once again Fatalstrike's maturity, and his capacity for rational debate, stuns us all. :rolleyes:

Oh please I am just having a little fun with the guy. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. :D

I would just like to let everyone know that Sheep- Al is my official Lucas forums watch dog. Don't be alarmed if I post and he immediately flames me, he's just following procedure.

I never pay attention to the promod nazis anyway.

WOW :eek: I didn't know that ProMod had gotten big enough to have "ProMod Nazis"

I hope you don't mean me, since I have many posts and 1 thread that blasts some of the approaches that have been taken with ProMod. I just thought your post was wildly inaccurate and decided to mess with you a bit.

And I didn't say I got cremated. I do OK on promod servers. But if I wanted to square dance, I'd visit the barn you were apparently raised in.

Ouch :snear: that was cold! But I forgive you and you are always welcome to come by the barn for some square dancing.

When it comes to lightsabers, I prefer a straight fight.

As opposed to a "gay" fight? I bet you use a purple lightsaber...:)

I like the idea of promod.

Me too...now come over here and give me a hug already!

heh, I use a purple lightsaber ;) I find it very manly :D

I haven't noticed too much square dancing on promod servers. If somebody does try and get behind me they usually dont live very long, walking sideways is a bad way to block :)

I'm just currious though shaolin_blade, you really like the saber combat in vanilla 1.4?

Originally posted by Toonces

I'm just currious though shaolin_blade, you really like the saber combat in vanilla 1.4?

Its hard to believe isn't it?!

Before any arachnids flame me, please note that I don't like v1.03 so please don't state that I do, we've already gone over that in 4 other threads.

Originally posted by FatalStrike

As opposed to a "gay" fight? I bet you use a purple lightsaber...:)

STFU i beat you 1v1!

As for the circleing around, i've never been able to do that without geting knocked down via sidekicked or my defence broken.

I've never seen people trying to circle around as i main strat, when a person is swinging they are defenceless if their CSC is lower than yours, so going behind isnt needed.

If you want to see some good players, come to ArtifeX's server, and get ready to see your "pretty good" turn into "Wtf these people are cheating!". Damn Laz and his H4X. :(

I'm not crazy about 1.04. I liked the damage scales of 1.02 a lot better, but at least 1.04 keeps people honest. I think 1.03 was almost good, except for people still being able to push/pull backswing and do the saber blender thing.

I'm sure you guys have played ProMod more than I have, so you know more about the ins and outs of what it is capable of. All I'm saying is, running around in circles isn't what I expect from a saber fight, and that's what inevitably happens when I get into a ProMod game.

Even the ProMod website says "Constantly circle your opponent, and switch directions often to prevent them from getting a strong lock on you with their crosshair."

To me, this reduces saber fighting to Jedi Knight (Dark Forces II, that is) standards, where everyone was just running around swinging wildly.

ProMod beats the hell out of JediMod version 1.X and JediPlus version 3.X(whatever the current versions are now), but I'm still not sold on it.

Maybe future releases of ProMod will change my mind.

And for the record, I use the orange saber.

Heil ProMod!

Another Nazi.

No Promod for you! Come back 1 year!

Can i have a demo or the server where this was happining? I've never seen it.

And if you backpedal, how can someone go around you?

You can't base everything on just one sever you went to.

(BTW i am geting $20 for every person i tell Promod about, it's a great deal)

^

JK

Originally posted by zerowingzero

I beat you more, Purple sabers are #1 and i beat laz 50% of the time and rising. (actually more like %20 :()

"Hey Fatal! We got an order for one @ss kicking here!"

Fatal- "One @ss kickin coming up!"

LoL odds are you will beat me, I haven't played ProMod is a week but I'm game! Beside don't feel bad about Laz he beats me 9 out of 10 times. That....bastard!

Archived