Home

obi-wan WIP

PerfectJamie

Alright, I'm gonna try and help you out a little. First, it's a good start, but you have some work to do.

First, check out some books or websites on anatomy, that's key to making a good model. The legnth of his arms, legs, torso seem to be accurate, but the proportions are way off. His hands also seem very small, I would recomend making them larger.

http://www.planetquake.com/shattered/shine/images/ref/index.htm

2600 is a good target number, you can go a bit higher and be fine, but you need to optomize alot. Thoes ridges you modeled into his boots look to be eating up alot of polys, I'd suggest removing them completely and add your detail with the texture. That will give you a nice little chunk of polys to add more detail. Also, split the tabbards in the back and the front, they arn't one peice in the movies. The other areas of the model look fine poly count wise except for maby the hands, they look like Ravens hands which are a little high in polycount anyway.

It's a good start, check work on the proportions and you could have a really cool model :)

He looks like his body has been stretched and broken on the rack. Look how small the hands are in proportion to the rest of the body. Like Toonces suggested, if you scale the rest of the body down so that everything is proportional, it will look much better. Also, the tabards (strips of cloth that lay over the shoulders) are split into 2 separate pieces, not 1 piece like you have it.

-Anakin

im going to be honest, this needs alot of work. the whole thing is not proportion to one another. its a good start though. right now it looks cartoonish. the arms and the legs look too skinny for the body. you need to study a human anatomy. you should thicken the arms definetly, and the waist, shorten the legs a bit. and i think the legs would look even better if you made the lower tunic and the tabards longer. check out this site:

http://www.padawansguide.com

it has alot of reference pic.

His boots are too high... the way you have them they go past his knees (wherever they might be - I can't really tell). Human legs also do not look like that... they don't just go straight down. My advice to you would be to try and model a human body without clothes (and minus any x-rated parts, heh) so that you become familiar with how the human body looks before you try to start modeling this any further. Like Toonces said, grab a book on anatomy or something, it WILL help.

-Anakin

Archived