Home

Getting wierd result from custom models...

-Chrono_MOT-

Since this IS the modeling forum, I thought I'd post my problem here. I have a custom fence-model I'm trying to use for my map. It (the MD3) shows up in ModView, provided you load the skin-file (like normal) - but when it's in-game I get the white-box error (where it looks like it can't find the shader). I can't understand for the life of me what I am doing wrong, since all the paths are correct (and the other models/map objects work fine).

Probably something that looks like a "FENCE" which are genreally use to protect outside object. Usually can be found around peoples lawns.....or better example is that metal mesh around a prison......:) just kidding......Ok, To you question madjai, I really wish I could help you. I know nothing of mapping, and how that system works.

Because the brushes are way too complex for me to even try.

Have you mapped before? This is something I don't even think ShroomDuck could pull off :)

OK. So maybe you have a point. But my point is models are much easier....

Ah well you made me forget my point. I can see that you suggested an alternative that is going to be incredibly hard, yet I will try it since you would rather not help me figure out the model problem. FINE. :) If you saw what my fence looked like, you would see why I am electing to do a MD3.

Do this:

Make a brush 8 units thick and as long as the fence needs to be. Texture one side with the fence texture, texture the rest with nodraw.

By the way, it's not anything new or ingenious, it's been around for YEARS, that technique.

Archived