Home

Vulcanus Adminmod

hurstyboy69

I hate (most) clan servers that run VAM.

Why?

Because you get too far ahead of anyone (score wise) who happens to be in that said clan, and all sorts of nifty things start to happen to your player.

It is more of a "We will guarantee a win for our clan" mod.

There are *some guys don’t abuse it, but most of the servers I’ve played on that run it, have a addiction for “slapping” anyone who beats them.

Thanks for the info guys. What do most people play? I tried out a few mods last night. The promod seemed ok but too easy to die or kill as the sabers are so powerful. Its all very well saying sabers should be this powerful to be 'realistic' but lets not forget how it affects gameplay. How many other games are there where you get shot a few times and dont die!

It seems to me we need a happy medium between promod and 1.04.

What does every1 else think?

i really like it its' really fun. plus when you die if you do one of those VAM movements like crossarms you rise from the dead and do that but then that body stays there and it's like a floating body. i need to bring screenies to show.

it's good to keep those bad people in line who dont respect certain server rules.

It comes with the "destroyer" saber built in, which always causes problems for me:

Ill either want to turn my saber off, and get a second blade instead, or ill stop moving, unable to change from the saber for about 10 seconds (NOT good if i have the flag!!)

But im interested, how do you mean abuse it? how?

any deatails please

Thanks,

Bilbo :wavey:

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker

It comes with the "destroyer" saber built in, which always causes problems for me:

That sounds like you're talking about JediMod or JediPlus.. Not Vulcanus Admin Mod, except for the animations (sit wave laugh, etc) everything is server side, nothing is client side

I did visit the vulcanus server a few times.

But the last week evry time i join the server my pc crashes.

While with other servers I never have a problem.

but every time I a at vulcanus BANG!!! totally lockdown.

I'ts the strangest thing.

to bad though caus I like the server a lot.:(

By taking advantage I mean the admin can make your character a "bunny", according to the vulcan faq ( i have verified it) your model will randomly jump about and make it impossible for you to play. Also the mod can allow the admin to kill u instantly by exploding your head off. There are several other things like that.

Also according to the faq ( i have not verified this) the admin can empower clients with some of the admin powers. That way if the admin isn't present some of his buddies can still screw with other players.

Hi guys,

In the JK2 world I'm known as Sampson and am the JK2 Community Liaison for Wireplay where I have set up VAM for 4 of our servers.

You'll find the destroyer thing IS a VAM features. It works so that when you turn your saber on and off you alternitivly get a double or single saber. (I'm talking about v2.2 btw). However, this (as with many VAM featrues) can be turned on or off server side using the cfg. Which is what you'll find on most VAM servers.

As for the bunny all and empower all, this IS also a feature of VAM. You can do this for any admin command, i.e. sleep, silence, bunny, explode etc.

Hope this helps.

Sampson. aka SnailFace

Archived