Home

What's with all the imperial type SP maps?? And lack of SP maps in general??

Khier

How come there are so many imperial type SP maps?? (no offense to the authors even though i have never tried many) Why not something in a desert type of thing (tatooine) or some kind of ice world (hoth), or maybe a naboo looking planet (naboo hehe), or maybe like some kind of forest (endor)?? there must be somebody in the jk2 community who could take up one of these types of mapping projects. I also notice the complete lack of SP maps in general, sure i enjoy playing multiplayer like the next guy/gal, but i feel SP maps give a more satisfying and enjoyable experience, and there is room for a storyline to keep ppl interested, there are also cutscenes and stuff like that you can put in there, which adds to the drama, suspense, or it just looks cool, one other thing about SP is that the saber wielding bots are actually enjoyable to fight! how Raven ever came up with those multiplayer bots' AI is beyond me. Hmm seems i started off on a bit of a rant here. Don't flame me btw these are just my opinions. (It is also a request too i spose)

Well, I first off have to say that I'm making an Imperial Sp map because I want to.

Secondly, relax. My map(S) takes place on a "Hoth Like Planet". I am going to have generated terrain in the start of the level, but not a whole lot. Just for effect.

Anyhow, these kinds of levels take time if they are to be worthwhile to play. When you are a team of 1 you can only do so much.

True enough that it would be time consuming to do for one person, but i mean someone, somewhere, in this world, in this lifetime that likes jk2 and likes to map has got to have the skill for something like this. But then again another idea would be to form some kind of partnership or trio or well u get the idea, and release some unique SP map pack then it wouldn't be like just one person takin everything on. (this is another, more reasonable request i think). btw does nobody like SP??

well, i thought of asking for someone else to help me with my level before. The one maojr reason why I didn't go through with it was that I have constantly changing ideas as well as I am doing this more for myself than the community. Besides, Most of what I make is drawn out in my head, or 5 minutes before I make it.

Now, the only people I am going to need from the community is a modeler and skinner for some characters in my level. I am also going to need to find voice actors for these characters if anyone will make them in the first place!

I can do the rest myself.. just need much more free time...

Hopefully, If i get hired at Lowes, i'll give Home Depot a few weeks notice and take a 3-4 week vacation in November between jobs.. then I can get alot of this completed....

--

As far as needing more Sp maps i totally agree with this. The problem isn't that they are too many Imperial ones, I.M.O. , but they are jsut too boxy. Another problem is that reborns all over the place is getting old fast. in fact, I stop playing alot of these maps halfway through because All I am doing is fighting those damn reborns.

My map is going to be saberless and forceless. This is going to take a possible good rating to about a 5 from the get go, but thats alright. I am thinking of replacing Kyle with a Rebel Commando type guy . I am doing this in spite of all those reborn slashing maps that I despise. And when Imperial Brewery is set loose, most people will use saber/force cheats.. but thats alright. Someone will play it the right way and that'll be good enough for me.

:cool: Well... the only trick with that, a Commando level, is that the gunplay in Jedi Knight II singleplayer just SUCKS. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars and I love Outcast but it now makes sense that we don't see Dark Forces anywhere in the title.

But you ARE still right, the same fight-Reborn-in-circular-room thing gets old FAST.

Yes i definitely agree with the whole reborn after reborn thing (ladders especially obviously), but perhaps change up the script for the AI a bit if that's possible and make them look different (custom skins, models) instead of the same old hood garb with the old fruity colours, of course you would need permission however to use any custom made stuff by the jk2 community.

:cool: Yea, that's what my Dragon Remixes were for... untill I got tired of killing the thousanth Ninja.

As for permission well... I gave full CREDIT to everyone's skin and mods I used but I can count the number of folks on my right hand (well.. mabee my left too) who actually gave me perimission to use thier stuff.

Archived