Home

hand to hand combat

-s/<itzo-

for the mod creators out there, i suggest someone add an emote where you can hit someone with a butterfly kick. and if you're hit with it, use the same animation like if you were knock down with force push. i think this would improve the hand to hand combat system in the game. please consider it.

you know what also would be cool if someone change the running animation in the game. common, i don't think its a good idea running with your arms in a up and down motion with a saber on. you'll poke your eyes out!!! instead i suggest having one arm in the front and the other arm behind the back, saber pointing downwards. you know like ninjas and samurais. like in that game jedi power battles or bushido blade. it just would make sense that way.

i didn't mean the the whole running animation to be changed, my fault for using wrong words. basically just the arm postioning. like a said before you wouldn't want to run with your arms in a up and down motion with a saber on, you'll poke your eyes out. lets be realistic here, the correct way would be holding it behind you like how samurais would do. and also with two sabers it would be better if the arms are down saber pointing downwards. ever see kung fu flicks or japanese animations. and tell me if i'm wrong didn't goerge lucas base jedis from samurais.

1. New animations are possible providing you have the right software and the source animations, which a few mod teams have but are greedy bastards and won't release it to the public because they want to be seen as Jesuses of the JO editing world. *Glares at NickR*. If you have a really fast FTP server or something, and if you have a well organized team that really could make something, then someone at Raven might upload the animation data if you ask nicely.

2. Jedi aren't based exclusivly on eastern fighting styles. It's a mix of everything. The main reason the lightsaber is held in front is so a Jedi can easily block incoming projectiles. If he held it behind his back, he would look like a moron when a blaster bolt hits him in the forehead because he wasn't ready.

DARTH_DOUJAH don't be such a dick. you don't have to call us morons. that was unecessary. i know theres a hand to hand combat system in saberist mod. and yeah it do suck ( they are working on it ). just saying they should make the butterfly kick an attack instead of a roll. wouldn't that make sense. so don't assume things too quickly. and for a first post what nerves you have for you saying that. thats sad really, you should of said something constructive intead of insulting people. next time you write think before it comes out of your mouth. also think about the people you might offend like me for example. but don't think too fast cuz it might hurt you. bet you feel stupid right about now. god what a cornball. just retaliating here don't like being called a moron from somebody i don't even know.

emon i'm just saying it would add more style into the game. and they are only running don't you think he would be able to sense a blaster bolt and be fast enough to block it. i guess thats why one arm is in the front for incomming small projectiles and also balance themselves. you got to be open minded here. check out the game star wars jedi power battles they made the running like i suggested and that game bushido blade or any game relating to sword fighting. where do you think they got their ideas from. don't you think they got it from master swordsman. don't you ever watch japanese animation??? everytime they have sword fights most of the time when they run, they have the same running position. i guess in someways increases your speed. lessens the wind resistence. and also wouldn't it be much easier to hold your sword in one position. instead moving your arms all the time, your arm will get tired. think about it, i mean swords are heavy.

i suggest you watch some japanese animation and you'll know what i'm talking about. ninja scroll and kenshin would be my pick.

That works for a real sword except:

1. Lightsaber blades are made of a fictional energy which has no mass, therefor is not made of matter and cannot have wind resistance.

2. Your arms aren't going to be getting tired because the blade has no weight, as said above.

3. I'm not an expert on swords, but a few people I know have quite a bit of experiance with them, and from what I can tell from what they've told me, real swords are hardly ever held the same way they are in animes.

:cool: Although the extra sword styles are possible (Desann's, Tavion's, JediMOD, etc) actual new stances would be difficult. So, for example if you want a guy who's a crouched cat-stance you may need a whole new model at our current level of modding.

As for running, you can chage the running animation to something else... it SHOULD be possible since you can run and swing a sword, in theory (knowing nothing about how JKII animation works myself) you'd have to find the 'frame' where the sword is at a desired position and activate that.

If anyone's notced when a blaster shot is fired the sword instantly goes into one of the defensive position. Take a pot shot at a Reborn who's just staing there and you'll see. I don't think it's a smooth animation just *snap* the sword is in place.

emon there alot of ways holding a sword i guess anime stick to one particular one maybe because it has the most style.

think, wouldn't you want to hold a saber as far away from your head as possible. lightsabers are no joke specially two in your hands. one single mistake, maybe trip on a banana pill, boom your head is a shishkabob. personally if knew how to work my ways around the original animation, there are weighting trick, i would do it. but it seem so complicated thats why i don't bother trying. i wish i know a mod creator and tell him my ideas to improve this game.

:cool: Well... I'm one of the leads for the Blade MOD but I don't have any animators (or animation coders rather) on the team yet.

I take swordmanship and martial arts pretty seriously myself. I mean... how many people here know what Iado means? And that's where the trick lies, you don't run with a sword drawn 'in real life', there's no reason to.

As soon as you start pointint to Anime or Star Wars then you have to deal with a reasonable suspention of disbelif.

Iado—the art of live sword drawing, still practiced all over the world.

I to prefer to draw out my saber only at the last moment, I rarely run around with it swinging about. But leaving your saber off invites alot of snipers.

My favorite move in Jedi is to turn my sword off, turn my back to the enemy and "walk" away. Chances are your opponent will rush you with a big red swing. If you look at your feet you will be looking down from above and see the light surrounding your oppent enter your field of view. This is where you execute the BLUE backstab. As soon as you have struck turn your saber off and continue to walk away.

If you can pull this off it really is a thing of beauty.

yeah, but after they ****ed up the saber making pretty much every attack useless, people overused the backstab, and people bitched about it, and then they ****ed the backstab up too

thats why i dont play MP, because it is MP

yeah, i like using iaijutsu(sp) moves, whenever i do play - it hads some style and such

• 2 weeks later...

Archived