Home

Stances.... again....

C'jais

Ever see those yellow fanners/wingers? The keep their sabre swinging left-right in front of themselves until they've exhausted their chained-attack limit (which is 5 for yellow I think). It's powerful but ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong but the fan never seems to get knocked back even if it collides with a red swing.

iam relitivly new to the game and have seen a few great saber "artist's" as i call em and i totally agree you should learn all three styles as for me iam a noob i guess because i love using blue and spinning just cause it looks good tho i do switch often to yellow and red but blue is my fav even if it doesnt do as much damage i find it more fun to try and beat a person using red and yellow with blue because you have to hit them alot more times without yourself being hit kinda like boxing =]

Well I'm not the best player by far... But I prefer red stance over all simply because i can keep the battle from getting too hectic and i can keep track with everything that my enemy is doing.. Even though my 56k hinders me alot, i cant even begin to count how many times i watch the saber go through my undefended opponent without hitting him, but I do switch to other stances in some situations, especially vs other red stances. About the whole DFA in duels ordeal I have to agree that its useless, when i duel a DFA junkie normally the fight is over within 5 seconds either 1. because I lagged and he hit me, or 2. I hit him with verticle red w/ burn when he was recovering. You cant really say that because someone uses one stance only that they are a newbie, all it means when someone uses one stance is that they specialize in that stance. But in all honesty the best player I have ever fought with was a Yellow stance user, he didnt use the special attack very often either, he simply waited for the opponent to attack, then he hit them when they were recovering 2-3 times, I learned alot from him and i switch to yellow to defeat red junkies when they are recovering, as for countering lunge with red, its very simple, everyone who uses blue that ive ever come across makes it 100% apparent that they are going for the lunge, so i let them get fairly close, then i roll left and when they lunge i strafe-kick them over and walk up and saber them. The yellow DFA is a bit different though, i have a hard time dodging that move at times because I always unerestimate its range, but when i dodge it i simply go in for the verticle red strike again. The only saberists that I have issues with is those who go into blue stance and run around holding attack, its a big dissapointment that even with me facing them all the time, they manage to score hits on me when im in full defense, and then there are kick junkies, there is nothing more annoying then someone with extremely low ping who does nothing but kick, because reguardless of what you guys are (i know) going to say, ping has a huge effect on kicking, 80% of the time i attempt to kick, i go in for the kick, execute the keystrokes, and my character begins the kick animation, he gets halfway through it, then i warp back and im laying on my back realizing that i just got kicked by the low pinger, the only real way i can counter lpb kick junkies is to go into blue and just lunge in the area i think hes going to go, it works only 30% of the time though.

Archived