Home

50 reasons why LOTR s*cks

Fishflesh

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

I'll have you know I was nominated for funniest member! I have a sense of humor thank you very much! :mad:

Yeah? well, I won the award and didn't find it funny at all....and i guessed that it had to have been a joke from the beginiing...didn't even chuckle...

oh wait! MY ORB!! damn!! get back here!! AH!!! HEHEHE, that's funny....

OH. MY. GOD.

Humor.JPG

joke Pronunciation Key (jk)

n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

A mischievous trick; a prank.

An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Informal.

Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

v. joked, jok·ing, jokes

v. intr.

To tell or play jokes; jest.

To speak in fun; be facetious.

v. tr.

To make fun of; tease.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Latin iocus. See yek- in Indo-European Roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joking·ly adv.

Synonyms: joke, jest, witticism, quip, sally, crack, wisecrack, gag

These nouns refer to something that is said or done in order to evoke laughter or amusement. Joke especially denotes an amusing story with a punch line at the end: told jokes at the party. Jest suggests frolicsome humor: amusing jests that defused the tense situation. A witticism is a witty, usually cleverly phrased remark: a speech full of witticisms. A quip is a clever, pointed, often sarcastic remark: responded to the tough questions with quips. Sally denotes a sudden quick witticism: ended the debate with a brilliant sally. Crack and wisecrack refer less formally to flippant or sarcastic retorts: made a crack about my driving ability; punished for making wisecracks in class. Gag is principally applicable to a broadly comic remark or to comic by-play in a theatrical routine: one of the most memorable gags in the history of vaudeville.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

joke

\Joke\, n. [L. jocus. Cf Jeopardy, Jocular, Juggler.] 1. Something said for the sake of exciting a laugh; something witty or sportive (commonly indicating more of hilarity or humor than jest); a jest; a witticism; as, to crack good-natured jokes.

And gentle dullness ever loves a joke. --Pope.

Or witty joke our airy senses moves To pleasant laughter. --Gay.

2. Something not said seriously, or not actually meant; something done in sport.

Inclose whole downs in walls, 't is all a joke. --Pope.

In joke, in jest; sportively; not meant seriously.

Practical joke. See under Practical.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

joke

\Joke\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Joked; p. pr. & vb. n. Joking.] To make merry with; to make jokes upon; to rally; to banter; as, to joke a comrade.

joke

\Joke\, v. i. [L. jocari.] To do something for sport, or as a joke; to be merry in words or actions; to jest.

He laughed, shouted, joked, and swore. --Macaulay.

Syn: To jest; sport; rally; banter. See Jest.

joke

n 1: a humorous anecdote or remark [syn: gag, laugh, jest, jape, yak, wheeze] 2: activity characterized by good humor [syn: jest, jocularity] 3: a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement [syn: antic, prank, trick, caper] v 1: tell a joke; speak humorously; "He often jokes even when he appears serious" [syn: jest] 2: act in a funny or teasing way [syn: jest]

Well, initially there was no linked address or no header to explain this was writen by someone else, and given Ackbar's previous exploits, it was assumed he was merely complaining again.

Ditto.

And now, Rhett, it's my turn to point out the difference between LAUGH and LECTURE :p.

I partly understood it was a joke, but I still posted this stuff. Guess I've got too much spare time.

Archived