Home

Hi everyone! anybody who uses gmax please read!

Matt-Liell

Well, i tried modeling before with no luck but im going to try again! I just downloaded gmax and some textures and tutorials any other tutorial u could give me would be greatly appreciated. But i have some questions. gmax can only import and export gmax files when u get it. if anyone knows where to get other importers and exporters please tell me. also how to use the skeleton in it. i've probably forgotton some of the things i was going to ask so check for more questions soon! pleae help me start to model, i think it would be really fun!

that link in the sticky for modelling a saber in gmax has a link in it to get the MD3 exporter. I can't remember where I got mine. I wouldn't suggest working on Boba's blaster until you get a better handle on how the program works. Jumping right in to gmax can easily confuse a lot of people. The first step in his saber though is finding reference material. The more the better. The best kind of pics to get are the ones aligned with the viewports (meaning left, front, back, side, top).

you can get an md3 exporter for gmax by downloading the tempest package, found on the same d/l page as gmax. just take the md3 exporter in tempest's plugins folder and move it to gmax's plugins folder.

and let me tell you right now, you can not make player models with gmax. you need 3dsmax.

Archived