Home

SP Swords Scripitng Question

Covax

All right... I've moved this from the Mapping forum since no one there new... This may sound weird but I've just gotta know.

I vaguely remember seeing a similar topic months ago but was in no position to use the information so I've fogotten the result. I know it's impossible, without the Source Code, to create new guns for single player. I know, through scripting, you can have differnt characters using different weapons (i.e. Desann with a rocket launcher) or at least create a new character with the same model and the desiered weapon.

What I basicly want to know is that are we limited to the 4 types of saber hilts (swords in my mods) or can we add in more in a SP mod?

It's not a critical thing, I'm just curious.

this explains how to do it and also how to make sabers mod compatible. the answer to your qeustion is somewhere in the middle!

Most hilt models, as they are will not work with this mod. They must be modified and hiltmakers will probably

start releasing hilts that are compatible with this mod. Look for something that says *mod compatible* or

*compatible with hilt selection mods* or something in the readme file for newly released hilts.

If you are a hilt modeler please read this:

In order for selectable hilts to work, the hilt pk3 files must be modified.

Instead of putting the glm, md3, and texture in the models/weapons2/saber/ directory

they must be put in models/weapons2/saber_hiltname/ directory.

So if you were making a saber hilt for yoda you might have this in the pk3

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber_w.glm

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber_w.md3

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber.jpg (the texture)

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/w_icon_lightsaber.tga (for the icon in the bar at the bottom when you change weapons. I didn't really include this in my mod because it crashed everytime I tried to load the new icon but other mod makers may find a way to fix that.)

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga (for the icon in hilt selection bar)

players could then type hilt yoda in the console to get the yoda hilt in their right hand.

Basically you put everything in a saber_hiltname directory like saber_yoda, saber_vader, saber_myhilt, etc.

Other mod makers will be using this naming system too. I know that NickR will be doing this in his mod.

My mod is opensource so other mods will probably include this later on.

This will make saber hilts actually useful!

Please include something in your readme that tells people that this hilt is compatible with mods.

Something like *mod compatible* or *compatible with hilt selection mods*

:cool: Yea. Thanks for the advice, but I already know how to make sabers for mods, I've got a bunch in my various Dragon Remixes (there's a new upgrade coming out this week).

I just wanted to know that if I'm limted to only the default saber, saber_luke, saber_reborn and saber_desann when choosinf saber hilts/swords. Need to know before I have my modelers make more stuff than I can use for the Blade mod. Right now I've got 5-7 melle weapons planned for the SP but if I can't use them then I've got to change the design a bit.

Nothing major.. just don't expect the bad guys to have meat hooks. :p

Archived