Home

Can't get .pk3 to show up once in game

-=Lord Oz=-

Ok, I did a little retouching of a skin. Nothing big. I saved the folders properly as a .pk3 using winzip. But when I load up JK2 the skin doesn't show up in my list of skins to use when creating a server. The Icon isn't there. Obviously something is wrong. I'd also like to add a custom taunt to it but every tutorial I check it's kind of vague as to how to get this done properly. Anyone with experience doing this, help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

just make a new file in packscape, right click and select NEW DIRECTORY. click and name your new folder models, then go in repeat and name players then repeat and name [skinname] then right click and select IMPORT FILE and import all the necessary files and go to save and save it as a pk3 file. EASY!:D

Originally posted by yadu

well i used winzip at first and my skins wouldnt work properly so i started using packscape!

I downloaded Packscape just to see what it was like and now Im completly stuck with :eek: I really reccomend this program. Its much easier than winzip also, all theese boring things like "add with wildcards", its just so amazing easy. And Yadu you got XP, right? well if you got XP you cant make .pk3´s with Winzip so thats propably why your skins didnt work with winzip ;)

Archived