Home

Acrobat question

Wheredat

Question fellas: when i am saber fighting the computer and i attack them, it hits slow motion (because i have that option on) and they do things like cartwheels and lean backwards or sideways to dodge my saber. my question is this....is it possible for the player to do these moves. (my favorite happens to be the sideways cartwheel....it looks like some darth maul move from ep 1) anyways, thanks for the responses.

-Wheredat

front somersault: forward+jump

back flip: back+jump

side somersault: strafe left+jump or strafe right+jump

these require level 2 force jump

wall flip: strafe eft+jump or strafe right+jump nest to a wall

wall walk: forward+strafe left/right in to the wall and jump

flip kick: with opponent in front of you double tap jump. That is jump towards him/her then press jump again upon contact

side kick: press jump+strafe left/right with opponenton your side

if you release the movement key just before you press jump (e.g hold right strafe so he runs... as you let go press jump) your character will perform some nifty poses whilest in flight

extra movements are added in some mods such as jedistyles? i think it was... anyways they allow you to cartwheel around and stuff

thanks for the reply....i already know how to do that stuff...i was just wondering how they did those cartwheels to dodge my saber. they also lean backwards to dodge it too...i didnt know if that was available to us to do.

thanks again,

Wheredat

Those moves, the Arial, Mariposa (Butterfly Kick), and the back handspring are coded into every model. However, in the unmodified SP game, Kyle has no way (that I know of) to execute those moves with key commands. The Reborn are supposed to be badasses, so they execute "commands" to perform those moves.

In assets0.pk3 look in the models/players/_humanoid dir. You'll find a file called animations.cfg. Open that in notepad, and take a look.

Basically, you can build a mini mod, changing out the roll for the arial, Mariposa, or anything else. I actually made my taunt a slow Mariposa, it looks really cool, as long as you're not moving when you do it... Anyway, that file lists the animation names, the frame in the models animation to use for that name, the speed, and duration of the animation.

Think of it this way.

Command: Animation to perform:

Of course, they're listed with obscure names, and only numbers for the beginning frame. Things like the roll butterfly and arial are named as such, with some modifications like BOTH_ROLL_L.

So, find BOTH_ROLL_L, and then find BOTH_ARIAL_L and take the number values from Arial, and copy them over the number values for roll. Viola, now when you roll left, Kyle will Arial instead. ;>

If that didn't make alot of sense, maybe just downloading the coolmoves mod mentioned above would satisfy that need for Ninjutsu. Of course, experimenting around with it, now that you know what was done, can make some things alot cooler. Like a superfast backstab...

Archived