Home

IF you could make MI a fantasy game...

RicardoLuigi...

Originally posted by Yoghurt

what do you mean?

in a next MI game??

Does it matter?

Pick a game, any game, I don't care! If you could make the next one a fantasy, or any of the games from the first one to the fourth one, it doesn't matter! It'd still be a fantasy and the plot of whichever game you change would have no effect on the game if it was a fantasy because it is a different type of game.

That's all I mean! Any game. I don't really think it makes a difference at all, but fine.

The next MI game

MI is already fantasy. :p Now sticking Guybrush into another game... that might be interesting. I'd like to see Guybrush in a "serious" pirate game, even if it's just as a cameo. Course, I'd also like to see something along the lines of Galactic Battlegrounds using the Monkey Island setting. We'd have to scrap all the SW, so it would be closer to Age of Kings: Conquerors, but with a ton of humour thrown into the mix...

Kryllith

well......

I suppose you could give guybrush a cool-wizard-outfit and a magic wand. Let him float around on magic carpets and things like that. Let his quest be to fight a 100 foot large monster with 8 heads and 10 arms.

But then it wouldn't quite be a MI game now would it :D

Originally posted by Suuri Yksl

I know it's a fantasy game, but when I say (or in this case, type) fantasy, I mean FANTASY as in, magical creature crap or little fairies floating around your head or something weird that you have to slay, you know, that sort of thing.

Like Voodoo magic, vicious skeleton hoards, zombies, demons, three-headed monkeys, and ulcerous volcanoes? :) Heheh, how about we have Guybrush play Dirk the Daring in Dragon's Lair? He could insult everything he fights.

Kryllith

Originally posted by Suuri Yksl

...I mean FANTASY as in, magical creature crap or little fairies floating around your head or something weird that you have to slay, you know, that sort of thing.

Like in an RPG? Believe it or not, there is already a Monkey Island RPG. Well sort of. Simply buy Baldurs Gate II, and then download this, or this. It will basically allow you to play through the entire game as Guybrush Threepwood from CMI, sounds portraits and all! There’s also one for all those Simon The Sorcerer fans out there (both of them! ;)).

Of course this post hasn’t yet mention Jack the Black’s MI RPG. Which, incidentally, looks pretty excellent.

Originally posted by Gabez

Like in an RPG? Believe it or not, there is already a Monkey Island RPG.

I happen to be a GM of a online MI RPG. It is done in the format of a interactive fanfic so to say and based in the Yahoo Newsgroups. Latest plotline we had was a insane one featuring an Island of No Return home to hordes of Man-eating Midgets.

Originally posted by Gabez

Of course this post hasn’t yet mention Jack the Black’s MI RPG. Which, incidentally, looks pretty excellent.

I didn't notice that comment first time, should really pay more heed to what is being said. *shakes head*

I don't know how much that you have seen but while the web site may look good the posts of the members does tend to be a little so at times. Oh well.

Archived