Home

Must have Mods?

jedifunk

Sup jedi's

I'm brand new to JK2 and am wondering what the must have MODs are. So far i have DLed jediMod 1.2 and jediPlus 4.2, and a few other skins and sabers. What else am i missing that either servers are running or that everyone is using?

Also, it seems like MODs have a different meaning here for JK2 than for Quake3. The definition of a MOD for Q3 is more along the lines of Total Conversion. That doesnt seem to be the case for JK2. Am i correct in that assumtion?

And along that line, are there any total conversions out there? I read the post here about the SAGA gametype, but are any servers running sagas? Also I DLed a saga called Anchorhead but couldnt get it to run. The older gametypes (ie: FFA, CTF) are getting old and boring, and i want to get into this SAGA gametype, so any help is appreciated.

Sorry, i know this post is a little long winded, but I am amped to get into this game more. I was playing the NSCO Mod for Q3 for a long time, and want to have the same level of addiction with JK2 as i had with NSCO (Navy Seals:Cover Operations). So any help is greatly appreciated.:D

You must have ProMod. ProMod3 is comming out soon, and will be a major upgrade from ProMod 2. But get 2 just to get a feel for it. It's a MUST for good accurate gameplay.

Get QTracker. Not a mod, but a server seeking program. Works better than the one in the game.

Skins/models/maps- Lots of good ones. Best bet is just to download the highest rated or most often downloaded. That'll catch you up to speed. Then you can start digging a little deeper for the gems.

Total converts are not my thing, so maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you there.

Welcome to our collective...

You dont need to have any mods ;) but seriously you will end up playing the game without mods more than with mods. And welcome to the forums.

Anyway heres some good mods:

Jedimod (wich you already have), Forcemod, Promod (wich Syfo Dyas suggested) and.... errr...... Im sure there are other good mods I just cant remember them :D

The game hasn't been out lnog enough for any of the good mods to even be started yet. Plus Lucasarts/Ravern aren't going to release the animations which would allow new moves to be made. I'm quite surprised no ones done a phat mod of the force powers yet, add new ones etc. Style over substance is the closest thing I've come accross so far that has new force powers.

Archived