Home

How do i use the lightsaber effectively?

jedifunk

How do i use my damn lightsaber? I must really suck, cuz in the last week since i got the game, i've killed like 10 ppl with my lightsaber.

What the secret? I've read the game manual, and read the FAQ here on the forums, but it still doesnt seem to help.

Are ppl using binds to string together moves with their sabers or am i just still to new at this game to really understand?

What are most ppls mouse sensitivity set too, higher or lower? and does your crosshair need to be on your opponent for the saber to record a hit?

any help or stradegies are greatly appreciated. thanks all.

If it's a full Force duel, just throw the damn thing, never swing it.

J/K

Try playing on some of the more popular NF duel servers like Worms World, Dark Side, or the 4Saken servers. You will pick up on the saber stuff if you spectate and pay attention.

As for the mouse, I set it at 50 in the console (in the menu sliding the little bar all the way up = 30).

I would not recommend it unless you are used to it though, try playing at 30 first.

A fast mouse sensitivity enables you to pivot 180/360 almost instantly; you just need to learn control.

Once you have it down, you will never get "blind sided".

so ur saying to make the mouse sensitivity really high? i'll try that. and i'm gonna go to the dueling servers and see if i'm any good.

although i'm still wondering about this binding thing. i was reading a few posts about whether or not using binds was considered cheating, and am wondering if its an effective way to saber.

thanks.

i practised against npc bots on single player

if you dunno how to do this heres how:

during a single player game, find a wide area to practise then

1: bring down the command console (shift + ¬)

2: type - bind f2 npc spawn rebornboss

or bind f2 npc spawn tavion

or bind f2 npc spawn desann

depending on the difficulty level you want - reborn is easiest

press shift and ¬ again to get rid of the console, now everytime you push f2 an enemy will apear for yuo to practise against.

or try http://www.gamefaqs.com search for jedi outcast on pc and itll come up with a few game guides, this is where i learned most of my saber stuff.

make sur you can do all the special moves for each stance and learn not to just bash away at the button, but controlled pressing is the key.

If its NF duel, once you beat the bots 10-0, watch a pro and how he string combos and how he moves... asking one for help wouldnt hurt either. Try to know each move instinctively and try to read the situations as much as trying to master the sabre

In most other situations the sabre's usefulness decreases dramatically perhaps only useful when thrown and as a blocking tool.

Don't be afraid to get killed. Watch and remember how u got killed.

Use spectator mode and right click your mouse,

then you can see how some of the better players move.

I use to use my right and left turn keys to spin around, not a good idea. Ewok told me long ago to use the mouse and that has helped me alot.

Don't play on a mod server unless you run that mod to.

Also, complement your opponents when they win. After their ego goes up a bit (jedi mindtrick#45) ask "Wow how did you do that!!! YOU ARE GOOD."

Who knows, your opponents may give you some tips.

There are some adjustments you can make such as saberdamgescale, sabertracesaberfirst, saberghoul2collision, but this may depend on the setting of the server you play on.

Lets ask Ewok, If a server has the damagescale set to 2 and I have it set to 1, do I play at level 2 or 1?

:confused:

Archived