Home

Scotchy needs some assistance

Scotchy

I'm redoign the multiplayer holocron models (whoo hoo, big whoop) and have the model and skin ready to go.

First attempt: Holocron model shows up, but with "missing testure" skin (the one with white edge).

Second attempt: Figuring my improper texture sizing had something to do with it, I retool the texture and remap the model. Ingame the model shows, but now I get a flat Dark Grey texture.

Before it's suggested, yes it's pk3ed, yes the directory structure is correct, yes all the names are the same.

I can't figure out the bloody things... my sabers were skinned fine, but this stinking thing won't work correctly. Tis frustrating.

I'll be willing to release source files to qualified modellers/skinners (if anyone wants to take a look and see if i somehow messed up the whole process). However it would be nice to know what i must do to get them working right from the start... like general procedures, requirements and general how to's on this specific subject. (Don't get me wrong, I read tuts and resources ALOT, but specific info on this aspect of map modelling would be nice)

I thought it was only the following:

1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc.

Originally I had the textures sized at 384x128, but figuring that the 384 was idiotic I increased the canvas size to 512x512.

I'll post a zip of the important files: THE ZIP

The .zip contains:

-sith_holocron.max

-dark_forceother.jpg

-dark_forceother_glow.jpg

-holocron_test.pk3 (which contains 2 holocron .md3s and .jpgs)

Don't rip me off. But if you want to take a look and see what might be wrong, then please do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived