Home

running and jumping

ImmolatedYoda

well, now i feel stupid. last night i was playing the Arc Hammer (albeit without sound) for fun, and as usual i realized how impossible it seemed to jump across all the places you have to (i noticed this on other levels, i just used LAPOGO or mines or something). well lucky me that i happened to press my left shift while i was moving. UBER SPEED. i was able to complete it. i think the running speed is a little too unhumanly, its more like Quake 3 after bunnyhopping or something. and you can leap with it. so i was wondering, will there be anything like this in the mod? i mean, i know that JO only has walk and run (i think?). the running in DF is more like a force sprint.

edit: blast it, now im gonna have to play the entire thing all over again now that i know of the super-run

Yeah, I used lapogo up until my cousin told me about the shift key a few years back... I think it is inhuman speed as well and say that the Force enabled him to become such a good runner without him knowing it. Same applies with jumping.

(Now lets find a reason why he's so slow in JO... Did you make him run faster yet or do you need the proper codes yet?)

*** And you were once mocking me for the head wave. Tisk, tisk, tisk...

*** And you were once mocking me for the head wave. Tisk, tisk, tisk...

haha ok, you got me there...:p

lowered the gravity (600) for the demo and this works well.

well ok, i guess we shall just have to see with the later levels (ie Arc Hammer). i wonder if my good run-jump-at-their-head-while-punching-while-using-weapon-supercharge will still work. (haha actually, that technique doesnt work too great, its just kinda fun taking down imps with CRACK CRACK CRACK)

Archived