Home

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly PS2

Surfnshannon

Well this forum doesn't get enough postings...so I want to start a thread about a new game I got.

I'm a HUGE Spyro Fan. I dont' know why in the world I got addicted to these games but I did. I won Spyro 2 and 3. Well I really wanted another Spyro game to play and luckily Last week the released the newest one. Here's my take on it.

Spyro has always held my interest because of its simple yet challenging tasks. They are not to hard to beat and the worlds are beautiful. Its really fun to have Spyro Skateboard....have an ice hockey game and do all those other fun things you got to do in the other games. There were sooo many levels in Spyro 2 and 3! They were great.

So obviously when I bought this game for PS2 - I expected the GRAPHICS to be way better. The gameplay to be MORE challenging, MORE levels and MORE fun and new things to do. WRONG. The graphics are a notch (and that's being gracious) above the other games. It looks the same to me actually. There's nothing new to do. For it looking the same as the PS1 games - it sure as hell takes a looooong time to load!!! Its really too easy and that makes it BORING. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Spyro...but this game was a HUGE dissapointment. I feel so badly because my parents got it for me and it was like $50 bucks!!! After playing it a little over an hour I am already 27% done. That makes me mad to especially when I found out that there are only 9 levels and I'm on the 5th one!! Only 4 more to see and I finished 5 in one hour??? The other games had challenges and interactions with other charectors. Now the biggest challenges are....cake...and its not Ice Hockey either...they are almost all the same. You run around and burn up scare crows?? How fun....not! Or there's the flying through the rings...(this got old in the 2nd and 3rd spyro). Now you do get to drive a tank through and AMAZINGLY easy course...wooop dee do. You fy a saucer....but like I said...these were great ideas...the tank and the saucer...But they did NOTHING with them. This game is made for like 5 year olds. ACK. From what I heard a different game maker took over making this game and all they did was copy the 2nd and 1st Spyros!! And then dulled it up a bit - through in 5 min load times every 15 min. Its ridicoulous.

I keep hoping the next levels are going to get better...but eachtime I get more and more dissapointed.

Rent the game...don't buy it. Don't even buy it if its 20 bucks. Go buy the other Spyro's - you will get more fun for your money and more of a game!!!

• 1 month later...

No don't buy it - rent it first.

It was a complete waste. I won it already....like within the first week I got it.

You know a good game - if you like Spyro like games is

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. I just got it for $20 bucks at Target and it is great. Lots of fun!! Like what the old Spyro games used to be. fast load times to...actually...I don't even really remember having to wait at all for it to load. The graphics are sweet too.

Save $30 bucks and buy Ty instead. If you read the reviews on Spyro you will see that other people feel the same way about Spyro. Even go to the Spyro official website forum and people were complaining and the game makers did nothing to help!

Archived