Home

Computer building..

Yeah, I'm in need of some possible suggestions if any here. I will have a $600 budget to build my computer. I already have a video card and sound card for it, but the specs I plan for are below. Also, I plan on a router and have about $76 left after all this, any suggestions now?

-Processor:

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ (Compatible with mother board below?)

-Mother Board:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe nforce2

333/266/200FSB

AGP 8X

3DDR DIMM (PC3200)

5PCI

USB 2.0

IEEE 1394

Audio

-DVD Drive:

Sony DDU1621/DDU1611 16x DVD

-Hard Drive:

IBM Deskstar 120GXP 40GB ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive

-RAM:

Corsair CMX256-3200C2 256MB PC3200 400Mhz

Thanks for any suggestions brought here.. :)

Ok cool, yeah, I just wanted to make sure :)

The processor is fine, It's a great Board. I've done that same MB/Processor combo. On the router, sure, you can get a 4 port Linksys for around 70 bucks.

On the rest of your setup, 256 megs of ram isn't really enough RAM to run many recent and upcoming games without some noticeable HD access. Also you might want to consider an upgrade on the Video card soon. The Motherboard that you've chosen will allow for significant expansion in the future

Originally posted by Toonces

Ok cool, yeah, I just wanted to make sure :)

The processor is fine, It's a great Board. I've done that same MB/Processor combo. On the router, sure, you can get a 4 port Linksys for around 70 bucks.

On the rest of your setup, 256 megs of ram isn't really enough RAM to run many recent and upcoming games without some noticeable HD access. Also you might want to consider an upgrade on the Video card soon. The Motherboard that you've chosen will allow for significant expansion in the future

Well, that's about all I need to know right there! I will consider uprading the RAM, Video Card, etc in the future when I can get a job for those things. Thanks so much Toonces!

Archived