Home

Snipers

OOM-9(2)

Personally i would still go with the idea i have at the moment. That is that every good civ gets Jedi Padawans which upgrade to Knights, every bad civ gets Sith Apprentice's which upgrade to knights, and the Republic gets the Jedi Master as a UU.

However i would also add things like Sith Master's and characters like Darth Maul, Vader, Tyrannus, Sidious, Windu, Yoda etc in a senario editor and campaigns.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not create a hero? Sort of like if you were the Republic, you'd get Mace Windu, Yoda, other councel members. If you were the Empire, you'd get Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. If you were the New Republic or Rebels, you'd get Luke Skywalker, Kyle Kartan, Leia Solo, Han Solo. Naboo, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Captain Panaka, and Amadala. Trade Federation, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, OOM-9. Gungan, Jar Jar, Boss Nass, and the other Boss ranked Gungans.

Ahh...400 posts...

Vostok-This makes the Sith Master a big load of crap.

Why twelve? This fits the prequel civs but what about the OT civs?

The rebs don't even have that many masters(pre-New republic) let alone the Wookiees...

I think my idea fits better in terms of realism. Gameplay? It's argueable(sp?).

And why allow Twelve Sith masters if they're gonna be crap?

Luke: That principle of Masters being restricted and Knights being the 'solder-type' Jedi is what I've been intending all along, and I've specified this in many of my posts. Why doesn't our idea create that?

Twelve is because of gameplay. It also has a little bit to do with realism, because of the Jedi Council.

Vostok: Your Dark Jedi Master idea is okay, but that means that you can still build as many DJMs as you want. The twelve would still work with the DJs, for gameplay rather than realism reasons, but if you can come up with a balanced idea that is unique to the DJs, it would be preferable.

Yeah, you can build as many Sith Masters as you want, but as they get crapper and crapper each time you build another one most people won't build lots.

However, I can see problems with my idea (such as the effect force powers will have), but I think we should develop a different way to restrict Sith Masters anyway.

The twelve Master limit works well for Republic, but should there be different limits or limiting effects for other civs? I still haven't though long and hard about this. Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

The twelve Master limit works well for Republic, but should there be different limits or limiting effects for other civs? I still haven't though long and hard about this. Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

That's what my idea is for. It doesn't work for other civs.

Corran- It seems your Master does as much grunt work as a Knight, only he's more powerful and has a few more abilities.

Vostok: You still shouldn't be able to build as many DJMs as you want, even if they do turn out quite sucky. It'd also be a devil to manage the FP system if each power had to be downgraded slightly for every new DJM that you created.

And minor realism natters aside, the 12 Master system is fine for everybody, although if as I said you can think of another thing that is good and unique, feel free to post it.

Luke's dad: No, my Master doesn't do as much grunt work, because you can only have twelve, and they're too good to waste on simple battle, although they can participate as elite units.

I'm confused. What exactly do you define as 'grunt work'?

Yes, an elite force of a mighty 12 masters (which took a while and a lot of money to create) can lead your army into battle, followed by troopers, knights and so on. My way does this.

Look, he's still mainly only a frontline soldier. He can be replaced by many other units(note the many). However, if you make him unique in a way(ability to ''lead an army'' by giving short boosts of certain stats like attack or armor or whatever) he will be a leader. Masters are leaders(which is my point of view) since their ranks grants them more infuence then a simple Knight. As you could see in ep2, Yoda was there leading the Clone army(correct me if i'm wrong on this i've seen it once last year), Luke in ep5 lead the rebel counter-strike and Vader leads his troops.

It seems normal for them to be considered leader, and give them the ability to technically lead.

What kind of soldier has abilities designed for covert missions, and is incredibly rare? Because that's what my JM is right now. An elite, unique unit with cool powers useful for stealth-related missions.

But there's a thought. You might be able to build two types of Master, or access two different branches of JM powers- the Stealth and the Leader powers. The Stealths would be the two we've already discussed, while the Leaderships would be auras (things that help units in a radius around the JM) or buffs (things that make a unit/s better for a period of time).

In addition to this, all JMs will have the Healing power. But perhaps it could be modified to suit the branch- the Leader's healing could also heal units around, while the Stealth's might make the JM invisible or something.

How does that sound?

hmmm....

I had the same thought for my master...

Like with my version of the rebs masters. Luke is the guy who does the covert missions and Yoda and Obi1 are the leaders(maybe not Obi1...)

It's just that to me it's extremely unrealistic and unfair to allow 12 Jedi Masters for every master civ. There's the Sith/Dark Jedi problem and the fact that people will be :confused: when they see the rebs(post-old republic era) when most Jedi are dead with 12 masters(ok ok Knight are allowed for gameplay but still) It would be fun to play with Jedi/Sith Heroes instead of a generic Master.

Hmm, Masters as leaders sounds very appealing... perhaps this relates back to the olde Officers debate.

Working this idea into what I can remember of my old Officers idea:

Every civ has access to leader units. Some civs have choices about what types of leaders they could have, others don't.

You may only have one Commanding Officer at any one time. With each Tech Level progression, you can build a Subordinate Officer to help the Commanding Officer out.

Each civ has different Commanding Officers and Subordinate Officers available:

Confederacy of Independent Systems:

CO: Sith Master / Seperatist Leader (like Poggle the Lesser)

SO: Super Battle Droid Officer

Gungans:

CO: Mounted General / Mounted Boss

SO: Mounted Captain

Galactic Empire:

CO: Sith Master / Imperial General

SO: Sith Knight / Imperial Captain

Galactic Republic:

CO: Jedi Master / Clone General

SO: Jedi Knight / Clone Captain

Rebel Alliance:

CO: Jedi Master / Rebel Leader (like Princess Leia) / Rebel General

SO: Rebel Officer

Royal Naboo:

CO: Queen / Naboo General

SO: Naboo Officer / Jedi Knight

Trade Federation:

CO: Neimoidian Official

SO: Command Battle Droid

Each officer has different abilities/skills, which is reflected in their costs. For those civs who can have Jedi/Sith leaders, these units differ from Jedi/Sith purchased at temples. The leader Jedi operate more like Yoda at Geonosis or Vader at Hoth, whereas the Temple Jedi/Sith operate like Windu at Geonosis or Luke at Hoth.

Archived