Home

Finished! My overall take on JKII

husker3in4

After killing Desann (which can be near impossible or incredibly easy) and finishing the game, I think this was one of the best games I have played. But, only because I found several walk-thrus online, otherwise I would have gotten stuck in several places. Fighting with the lightsaber is VERY addicting, and the main reason this game is so fun. I would recommend that the next game in this series have more fights and less puzzles and dead ends. Some of these dead ends were impossible to find the way out of, so I had to rely on the walk-thrus to get me to the next area.

Force speed made fighting reborn and shadowtroopers too easy, so I rarely used it in combat unless I was outnumbered more than 2 to 1. Otherwise if I couldnt whack em both on my own, I would use one of those little spheres that hangs around you and does a good job of distracting them. I ended up using Force push and pull alot in combat, which was very effective and hilarious in some cases. Force heal was great and the death grip was also very fun to use as well. Those poor reborn were defenseless against it, lol.

One thing that would be a nice option is to make the game more like Deus Ex in the way that after each level, you amass Experience Points that you can put into different Force Powers, so that you can create you player more to your own liking. It was fun they did JKII, but it would be nice for the next one anyway.

What are your opinions and ideas?

Well I'd think it would've been better if they added that option although they didn't.It would be fun to see Kyle choose between chasing Jan or going back to the Valley of the Jedi to use its power to ultimately kill Desann,since "I'll give you a worthy adversary."

The problem that would happen if you used XP to buy upgrades in Force powers is that the game would have to be completely different, because with that system, you wouldn't be able to have vital puzzles keyed to certain force powers.

Take for example, the reactor level. It's impossible to do that without level 3 Speed. If the game allowed you to pick other Force powers, it would have to leave out obstacles like that because the game can't count on you having certain Force powers.

Although, it might be nifty to have a branching storyline system, and then you only get certain missions if you have the abilities to handle them.

Archived