Home

Royal Crusaders, Berserkers or Reb Mounties?

lukeiamyourdad

Which one is better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Royal Crusader
    • Beserker
    • Rebel Mounted Trooper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im shocked no one has responded to this. I went rebel mounties, cause i love them, and never use seige as the rebs. Rebel mounties are one of the main reasons i go for the rebels. They are unbelievable. The RC is solid, the only problem is that it has a low attack, so you cant use it well vs non-mechs non-heavies, no matter how long it takes to kill (they seem like they never die). Beserkers are insanely fast and eat buildings, so they make good heaives, only the wookies have good heavies, and beserkers are too weak defense-wise to be really good vs anything else, except using it's speed and fast attack to cut through slow, minimum range units.

I went for Beserkers. I also get a few of them when I'm Wookiees. I find their speed is there greatest asset, they are good in support of a strong (yet slow) Wookiee seige group like pummels or artillery. They are also not bad vs Jedi, since I'm not a fan of Bounty Hunters I use Beserkers.

I wasn't aware there was anything special about the Rebel Mounted Trooper. Do they get a bonus over other civ's mounted troopers?

I rarely if ever use the Royal Crusader, I'd rather spend the credits on Jedi.

In combat, beserkers slaughter the other two easily. I think the beserk is the best. The mounty has very little over the other two. It is a detecter, which means it had that over the wooks. Mounties cost 55 food, 20 nova--very affordable. Beserkers cost 85 food, 35 nova--still reasonable for their potential. RCs are the most exspensive, about 120 food, and 60 nova. An estimate, because taxation confuses the original cost. RCs should be less exspensive--compare them to the beserker. RCs are better against repeater troopers, but i think thats it!

Beserkers are extremely effective against all hvy. weapons, mech destroyers, all non-repeater troop center units, RCs, civilian units, and cannons. They are ok against repeaters (just don't attack large formations) assualt mechs if they can survive the initial volleys, and can overwhelm knights (knights cost more), they also can overwhelm strikes---like one on one. I've overwhelmed an assualt mech with probots, but the units listed above can be defeated reasonably with beserkers.

Huge defense? The other ground uu's slaughter the RC, especially the ranged darks and d-droids. Their high hps and shields works in more specific cases, but when it does, it protects them so they can actually do some damage. Another note--though their attack is not that much less than beserker, beserkers destroy buildings a lot faster.

So i'd say RC's dominance over the beserker is in their ability to withstand concentrated troop center unit fire better (and maybe they are more resistant against frigates and fighters?). Otherwise they cost more, are not as fast, not as effective against buildings or slow, non-assualt mech ground units.

I think royal crusaders should have been cheaper or more effective against general units. It is inconcievable to me how they cost more than beserkers--they are both close combat. I like the Naboo and the crusader, but i lost my initial confidence that this unit would be a donimating unit.

Were you stating that the dd is not a trooper? (it is). I just was not certain on what you were posting.

Commander, although it benefits from trooper techs, in the counter system it is considered a mech. Saying that the Beserker is the best of the three cause it can beat the other two is ridicululous. It reminds me of AoK when people said the Spanish were better than the Turks because the Conquistador (high pierce armor unit) beats a Janissary (low pierce armor unit). Both RCs and mounties are countered by troopers, so it makes sense that they are beaten by a trooper. Also, the beserkers weakness is its defense, especially from range, so pitting it against two melee units isnt a good measure of its power. If you put an RC and beserker next to a HDD, they will die with the HDD at about the same health. But, if they are placed at the HDD's maximum range, the beserker dies before it reaches the mech, and the RC does about half to two thirds damage. Rebel mounties are a good mixture of the two: The RC's resilience and bonus vs. heavies/mechs, and the beserkers speed and attack with its bonus vs buildings.

Archived