Home

Thoughts on promod

DrazMan

My bet is that once I have 3.1 done (it's well on its way already), Laz is going to want a rematch.

What's done

I've fixed several bugs already, including:

- the "promodbeta3" directory bug

- the jetpack not refuelling on a respawn

- the bots no longer get free force fields and Seeker Drones

- saber-only duels get no free equipment

- Lightning has been given more range at all levels

- the \kill command now cancels if you die before the 10 seconds are up

- the ctf flagstatus icons have been raised up to not be blocked by the CSC bonus meters

- the jetpack fuel gauge no longer draws while you're spectating.

What's left

- Lightning will destroy mechanical explosives in midair.

- Wookie Bowcaster will get a shotspeed increase of 50%

- Jetpackers will no longer be able to jet when in a falldown animation.

- Jetpack may get a very slight decrease in fuel, along with a very slight increase in the thrusting power.

- Bot files are being customized to keep bots in character (Desann or any other Jedi class won't use a Missile Launcher, even if they pick it up).

- Possibly turning on the Saga gametype. I need to see if there's anyone with some existing Saga maps that work correctly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ArtifeX

- Lightning will destroy mechanical explosives in midair

Lightning is gonna destroy det packs and mines too, right?

- Bot files are being customized to keep bots in character (Desann or any other Jedi class won't use a Missile Launcher, even if they pick it up).

Hold up now: 3.1 is gonna allow bots to the ability to be true to the mod? Cuz I can remember playin an ffa on death star and I remember a bot I made myself using lvl4 demp primary with level 3 lightning!! Serious voltage!!!!!

- Possibly turning on the Saga gametype. I need to see if there's anyone with some existing Saga maps that work correctly.

Theres only one saga map to my knowledge which is on JK2files.com

Originally posted by ArtifeX

well the only released saga map i know of is anchorhead, which is a great map. i even have some replacement textures that reduce the obvious pattern on the rocks. :)

can you look at the problem of guns not auto-switching when one is pulled away?

About the bowcaster. When you say "shotspeed increase" do you mean its firing rate or the speed of the bolts themselves? I was talking to Nutritious about this last night, while we discovered the jetpack bug. Nutri's happy with the bowcaster's firing rate right now, but he wishes the bolts would move a little faster to make it more accurate.

As it stands, he was competing for 1st place using only RICOCHET shots from the bowcaster to get his kills. This lasted several maps, sooo much fun to watch. :D

Originally posted by Moradivh

About the bowcaster. When you say "shotspeed increase" do you mean its firing rate or the speed of the bolts themselves? I was talking to Nutritious about this last night, while we discovered the jetpack bug. Nutri's happy with the bowcaster's firing rate right now, but he wishes the bolts would move a little faster to make it more accurate.

As it stands, he was competing for 1st place using only RICOCHET shots from the bowcaster to get his kills. This lasted several maps, sooo much fun to watch. :D

I'm talking about the velocity of the bolts themselves. The firing rate will remain the same.

As it stands, he was competing for 1st place using only RICOCHET shots from the bowcaster to get his kills.

That's alot easier in maps with more shaders that reflect blast to begin with.. Like duel_hangar. I've only managed to do that in vanilla and sp, Kejim: That part where the mouse comes out of the small generator room, and then off the left of where you enter theres a red forcefield which you can shoot for some good backshots.. though thats kinda easy to do vs a non-saber wielding opponent.

Hey Art, I don't know if you're adding alot of balance changes to 3.1, but could you take a look at blue stance? As I've said before, it really doesn't counter anything right now. I don't think blue's hit detector thingy works, so the best it can ever do is 30 damage, which pales in comparison to the 55-110 medium swing it's supposed to counter. Yellow and red beat blue every time, unless your opponent sucks or you take them completely off-guard.

Hey Art, I don't know if you're adding alot of balance changes to 3.1, but could you take a look at blue stance? As I've said before, it really doesn't counter anything right now. I don't think blue's hit detector thingy works, so the best it can ever do is 30 damage, which pales in comparison to the 55-110 medium swing it's supposed to counter. Yellow and red beat blue every time, unless your opponent sucks or you take them completely off-guard.

Blue's strength was intended to either be as a finisher after landing a Red hit, or as a 1v1 finesse style. Trying to use Blue in FFA is probably not a good idea, as it will take you a while to whittle down anothe jedi's health, and you'll probably get shot by a gunner before you can finish the duel.

I'll make sure to take a look at it. Though as you know, Red is trumps blue, so that's going to be a tough battle no matter what. I will take a look at the blue vs. yellow though. I might get you to help me with a little damage testing.

Oh yes, Art, I had a few ideas...

1) Could you POSSIBLY make Speed use Force as long as it's in use ala Absorb, and not automatically take off half your Force? I honestly think Speed is currently a semi waste of force power to execute...

2) A gameplay idea. Make Protect invisible like Absorb, onmly very loud, and it flickers when hit. I mean, as it stands always on Protect apparently lags some comps, it looks stupid, plus who would sanely fight a saber vs. saber battle when the other guy has Protect on in plain sight?

Archived