Home

Why? Why must it be this way?

ZorakBrak64

Erherm, anyways, I'm wining here. I've come to notice that over the time that Outcast has been out, Saber Only Servers came to power, and there are about 2 OR 3 SERVERs that actually use guns now!

Sure, I know some say "Guns are for n00bs", but I personally like them. Each gun has some weakness, and the Beam Saber can defeat most of the guns with ease.

I liked the pure "Say Hello to My Little Friend!!!"-ness of the Repeater, and the the "heh heh"-ness of the the Proximity Mines and Rocket Launcher and Laser Rifle.

Meh, whatever. I'm just ranting. :monkey4::toilet1:

i do not agree, no need for pro-mod, as any skilled gunner with force can easily take out a saberist.

the main advantage is being able to take the guy out from a distance, true the saber can block a lot of incoming PRIMARY fire, but secondary flechette/repeater will destroy a saber only guy.

get the all-seeing-eye program from here: http://www.udpsoft.com/eye

this shows up about 7 or 8 good capture the flag servers for gun,s and about 12 good FFA guns servers.

I disagree that gunners are underpowered, a gunner with even moderate skills can easily defeat an untrained saberist, especially if the saberist is a pull junkie (i am), you just slap on absorb, and keep pushing them back, once I get my cable (3 weeks YAY!!!) im going to use guns alot more.. Ive been playing CS since beta 6 so that should give my weapon skill a big boost

• 2 weeks later...

Repeater isn't good enough against a guy using force speed while in a blue style stance.

This one guy tried to take me out with a repeater. I was in blue stance, turned on force speed, and every bullet was reflected right back at 'im. Killed him, too.

The guy didn't move or nothing, just stood there trying to make a hit on me. This was when I was just a noob, now I'm more of a pro.

Far as I know, the only way to attack him successfully with a repeater is to shoot at the same speed the defender is using.

• 3 weeks later...

True, but training against guns is a saberist's/force-user's best friend.

Almost any advanced player would actually see or hear the repeater's concussion pod aimed perfectly at them, then they would just force it right back to the person who fired it.

Originally posted by .Templar.

I disagree that gunners are underpowered, a gunner with even moderate skills can easily defeat an untrained saberist, especially if the saberist is a pull junkie (i am), you just slap on absorb, and keep pushing them back, once I get my cable (3 weeks YAY!!!) im going to use guns alot more.. Ive been playing CS since beta 6 so that should give my weapon skill a big boost

JO Gunning is nothing like CS... not even remotly

This one guy tried to take me out with a repeater. I was in blue stance, turned on force speed, and every bullet was reflected right back at 'im. Killed him, too.
I cant even tell you how many Speed-using Saberists I have taken out with that gun... speed wont reflect anything and if you where playing a good Gunner you wouldnt have made it but afew more steps.

Wasn't it the saber which was underpowered? I mean, you try to cut them and the just shot you as if nothing happens... and they usually do a lot more damage (and if the trhow something which explodes to you, they will take half explosion dmg...).

Archived