Home

Newbie Decisions?

_massmedia

:atat: hey,

well i guess its safe to say im a newbie. i played the first jk and original dark forces, but im new to jk2. right now in single player mode i just rescued lando, so i have a basic feel for the game. my lightsaber and force skills aren't really developed, but im working on it.

anyways, just played online for the first time today, at first i was surprised when i placed 5/8 in a ffa lightsaber duel. later on i was 25/25 lol. kinda wondering if its too early for me to get into online play?

also if i should go around downloading mass amounts of skins, mods, and other files.

thanks

-later.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! Well i was a noob once (and still am hehe), and i played online straight away. The fact that i played dark forces 2 and MoTS helped aswell. Mind you i did play when it first came out, so all people were :newbie:s.My advice is to get really popular skins. If you see a game with lots of people in it and its a new map get that map, your time will not be waisted people will play on it. Also i would advise you to change the controls to more like dark forces 2 it makes it allot easier. But if you like the new controls have it that way ;) . Bye!:waive1:

thanks for the feedback james. and yeah, im still iffy on the controls. i dont recall how they were in dark forces, i had that for playstation, lol. if you could fill me in that'd be cool. if u got online right away how'd u learn force powers and lightsaber movements?

if ur really horrible, i would suggest playing with bots at first whlie looking at guides, then after u actually have basic accuracy and movement go online and find new tricks and stuff.

here ill give u one of mine.

in CTF bespin, when u have the flag, and the enemy does too, get some det packs and put it on the high bridge, and put like 2 or 3, then detonate it. u can do this many other ways. ull take alot of damage so armour up. but ull land on the pipes way up on the top of the level if u position the det packs right. most ppl will not know where u are if u don't let them see u fly up. u might wanna be light since protect will allow u to survive the det packs. heal ureslf before comin down and roll to avoid dying.

Originally posted by lllKyNeSlll

if ur really horrible, i would suggest playing with bots at first whlie looking at guides, then after u actually have basic accuracy and movement go online and find new tricks and stuff.

That is what I did before I played on the net with other players. When you are playing with bots, you get used to the gadgets that are only in MP.

When you get to the real thing it is way harder but I managed.

(Horay! Tusken Raider!)

Archived