Home

Opinions on New Droid Army (GBA)

txa1265

Hi all:

I picked this up without seeing reviews, despite reading how bad the AoTC was, and how little I enjoyed Jedi Power battles. I somehow hoped this would be more like JKII. Anyway, I was supposed to be giving a talk and attending a conference in Chicago, and I had Duke Nukem Advance I was starting as a backup ... as it turns out the conference was cancelled, so I've been playing it a bit at a time.

As it turns out - I love this game! This is absolutely the most I've ever enjoyed a GameBoy game (I'll stay away from 'best', as my likes are more FPS and not along the lines of most GBA games).

I'm not done yet, but am enjoying it ... The layout of the levels is nice, the story flows, there are few jumping frustrations (although there's one that got me - I'll hold it so not to spoil). The control layout is good, the force powers work well, especially that you can have a separate 'default' power for saber-on and saber-off. The saber works well, and there are many moves you can execute.

My gripes so far are few. The battle droids seem a little too string when hitting them with a saber (they crumple under force push), and there seem to be angles at which you cannot block.

I have done my share of dying, and have forgotten to write down a password or two, but I haven't minded having to repeat sections. The save points are logical and well spaced.

Archived