Home

"Not for a Sith": The sith limits

Wüstenfuchs

I have a question...

Darth Maul on The Phantom Menace had to find Amidala and the embassadors. When I remember of Palpatine saying "Not for a Sith" to the viceroy...I wonder what are the Sith capabilities. I mean, Maul found them in a remote planet, using his sith powers/investigation, pretty much fast.

Then, I think about Vader. On the sequels, he keeps all the period between ANH and TESB searching for his son, Luke.

Here goes the question: How could Maul, a young sith apprentice, find the missing ship in Tatooine in a few period of time and Vader took this long time to find his SON? I mean, Vader have connections with Luke. And We must presume that he's much more powerful than Maul.

If Maul found a mssing ship in the middle of nowhere, how could Vader take so long time to find the REBELLION main base?

At this point, I find in the Sith powers a contradiction.

I wonder if Darth Vader had these sort of "deductions". Not like "Commander, they are there. Prepare your troops" or "Skywalker is here, my master". I mean real deductions, like Maul ones. It's a Rebellion, not a ship! It's his son, not ordinary Jedis and a queen!

Bothanian spies stealing valuable information...Rebel Plans going over Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Where are Vader's "deductions"?

:rolleyes:

Maul had a lot of 'hate', but he seemed pretty emotionally secure and calm.

Vader is a wreck, he is so pissed off at everyone, he seems constantly frustrated, I guess he is asking himself the same questions you are asking.

"Why can't I find them?"

He may grow into a man, but emotionally he is still that whiney teenager from ep.2. That is his failing.

Originally posted by boinga1

uh, Maul uses the connection trace from Sio Bibble's transmission to the starship to find them on Tatoinne ("If the trace is correct, I will find them quickly, Master"). They traced the transmission from Naboo to the starship, which was on tatoinne.

Good Call boinga! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived