Cities?

lukeiamyourdad

Cities?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Cities?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don\'t care

I was thinking. Some cities could be appearing in RM. You could garrisson a certain number of units in that city and in exchange they will give you some ressources after a certain amount of time. The cities could be full of activities(speeders flying, people walking, farmers farming...). The enemy would have to kill every troops you have garrissoned in the city and garrison theirs to control the city.

Note: I am talking about swgb 2 here.

Er... sounds a bit too complex and time-consuming just for a few resources. Also, the maps would have to be made a hell of a lot bigger, thanks to there being a few cities plopped around the map.

So I'd have to say no to what you've said.

But I had another idea- some resources could be gained from/exchanged with several small neutral towns around the map (like VERY small, only a couple of houses and a spaceport-type thing). I think this might be kinda cool and introduce a new element of strategy into the game.

Of course, that's what I meant. In Gb 2, all resources should be able to be traded- and not only by simply sending hovercrafts and taking resources away, but the 'crafts could function like the 'trade' buttons on the current spaceport. Kinda like in AoE 1. That was actually fun and realistic.

Sith's 'small city/settlement' thing is anti-turtling, and thus, I don't like it. Not because I support turtling, but because anything that disables a strategy is bad.

The trading thing would be a better way to get resources than the 'garrison city' thing, and thus, I'm sticking with it.

who needs a city all thats needed is all rec trading.

and drop the idea where the traders go "trade" each time u buy recs at the spaceport. tooo time-consuming. then wed be spendin the whole game waitin for the traders...

another thing. why use nova as the currency. why cant u directly trade or with food or food with carbon etc.?

Se_vader, what is this 'rec trading'? Have I missed something?

And have you all missed something? You will be able to trade things! All types of things! Yay, go trading.

You could even specify exchange rates with your trading partners (eg. you send a trader with 49 wood, you get 36 nova in return, or something).

This is all on top of normal resource-gathering, of course. I just think it's a lot better than the current trading or tributing.

My 'trade city' thing doesn't exactly work the way you would think, Sith. Are you saying that these turtlers would rush out to every single neutral spaceport town on the map, wall it up and build turrets?

Who would bother that much?

It should end up like this: each player trades with those neutral people closest to him, and sometimes sends sorties against those further away in the hopes of getting a bigger profit.

If someone really cared all that much about trade, what can we do to stop them?

Nope. I'm quite sure that some players will choose do no trading whatsoever, and they'll get on quite fine. But, just like with the current trading, it'll give added resources to those who do trade.

Oh, and one more thing: My idea also takes away some of the advantages allies have (in that they can trade, and unallied people can't). Is this a bad thing? Should we act to bring it back?

I'm assuming you mean the second bit. So here goes:

In the current game, one of the many advantages allies have is that they can trade with each other and thus get more resources. Unallied players can't.

With my idea, every player can trade and get more resources, allied or not.

Is it bad that allies have lost trading benefits?

Archived