Home

Welcome to the site!

Guest Garry_M_Gaber

Guest Garry_M_Gaber

Hello,

I'm Garry M. Gaber, the Director of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, LucasArts' upcoming real-time strategy game. I wanted to introduce myself and welcome you to this brand new web site.

We realize that many of you have been asking a lot of questions and have had great comments and feedback about the game since we announced it last February. I am happy to tell you that I will be visiting this forum frequently to answer those questions, and that myself and others at LucasArts are very much interested in what you have to say. Please keep the feedback coming - I really appreciate hearing what you think. Our game is nearing its beta milestone, which is a lock down on programming features, a final art set, as well as voice and sound, and sets the team aggressively into final bug fixing and polish mode. The project is continuing on track for its November ship date. Please continue to check in on this site, http://www.lucasarts.com and others for updates.

Thank you for your continuing support of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. And, as always, may the Force be with you.

Garry M. Gaber

Director

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

Guest Rogue15

I don't post at tp.net forums. I post everyplace EXCEPT there. i post at jk2.net forums, roguesquadron.net forums, jk.net forums, xwa.net forums, massassi.net forums, swrebellion.net forums, xwupgrade forums, gamefaqs.com forums, and a few others.

Guest Rogue15

i think there's a few more site i post at. not sure if i covered them all...i covered all the ones i currently visit though. oh wait! i post at the phantom menace tc board and star wars trilogy tc board too. :D have to be thorough!

Guest Sherack Nhar

This topic was getting in the bottom, so here's a useless bump :D

Hey Garry, I hope you are working hard on that one, because there are some pissed off Star Wars/RTS fans here *points to himself*

With the AoK engine you seem to be going in the right direction though. Time will tell, I suppose. By the way, keep posting these Designer Diaries of yours! I find them really interesting.

I don't expect you to post often here (if at all) but I hope you are still reading the (mostly useless) posts in here! :rolleyes:

Guest Tie Guy

Don't leave us Garry...unless your going to work on the game. Oh, and please just get it out on time, i can barely even wait till the projected date.

Guest Sherack Nhar

It should be released on time (a rare thing nowadays). The project looks on schedule, and besides it's not like they're creating a whole new game. It's more like a Star Wars expansion to AoK...

Guest Rogue15

DON'T LISTEN OT THEM GARY!!!!!!!!

a rushed game is a sucked game. sorry had to say it.

If you take your time, you can really polish up the game, add more stuff in it, and do alot more things to it to make it cooler, remember it's the little details that everybody loves. Especially when it comes to Star Wars. I'm the most patient person in my family that I know of. I never complain about waiting (unless it's when my mom and sister are in the disney store or in a bookstore)

I'd just like to thank Gary for stopping by our boards even if he comes by a couple of times a month. It is definitely nice having such a high-level developer stop by and inform us of what is going on. Thanks a lot Gary!

Swoosh

Guest Darth Vader

As Darth Vader I order you to get the game out on time and do the best job you can possibly do so I can say Impressive.... Most Impressive. And I better be in the game or I will choke you.

Archived