Home

Toonces Mace model: editing problems with robe

Prime

I am having a go at reskinning Toonces' fantastic Mace Windu model. I am having problems with the robe, however. Two problems, actually:

1. When I make my pk3 file and start up the MP game, the robe is only textured on the outer side. The inner side is transparent, which makes it look kind of funny. In my pk3 I have the textures (robe texture is unedited), bot file, script, and the mace.shader. In the .skin files I changes the directory name to models/players/myname. I did the same in the shader file. I'm obviously doing something wrong, so if anyone knows what it is, please fill me in. Again this is for MP (but I assume the same applies to SP).

2. In SP, I am using the default, non-robed version. I have turned the robe and required torso portions off in my skin file:

robe,nodraw

torso_robe,nodraw

Everything looks fine, but when my shield gets hit by a laser, you can see the outline of the robe. Have I not turned off the robe fully in SP? What do I need to do?

Thanks for any help you can give me. Cheers.

The problem you have with the Mp model being transparant on the inside is because you have the SP model installed. You won't have that problem when you remove it.

Toonces will probably release some new Sp conversions of all the models soon.

About the robe being visible in Sp: There's nothing you can do about that for now. You'll see the robe when your attacked by force lightning and also when using force speed. I don't know if it is possible for a surface on a model to be turned off in the .glm file itself. I don't really know anything about modeling at all.

Either way, it might be necessary to compile the .glm file again where we have no robe at all, or where the robe can only be activated in MP.

NO! i found a way to take away the robe...outline...thing when you get hit by lightning, anything on your shield, etc:

in the model_default.skin everyone says to change the

robe,models/players/samel_l/robe.jpg (or something like that) to robe,nodraw and to do the same with the torso_robe file.

Instead of making the torso_robe into torso_robe,nodraw....make it toso_robe,clear

I hope this helps everyone...just tryin to help....

Thanks guys.

WhiteShdw, that was my problem with the MP robe. Now everything is working perfectly.

MASTER Siggeman, I tried the torso_robe,clear thing, and I still have the same problem with the "robe outline". Is there anything else you've set that might affect things? Or maybe you could post your .skin file. Thanks for your help, though.

Cheers.

Archived