Home

Anyone seen Tchouky lately?

ArtifeX

i dont know him but i ran into him on the jk2 coding irc channel and he said he was probably quitting jk2 coding in favor of q3 (i think).

personally i hope im wrong and he comes here to flame me for it, because he's done some great work for jk2 from what ive seen, itd be a shame to lose him.

Originally posted by Commodus

Yea, I think he is leaving - his EU mod didn't get very far, so he's looking into the Q3 code... apparently it's "cleaner" than the JK2 code.

That's weird. I can't imagine him thinking about redoing ALL the saber complex saber, force code, etc. to move it to another engine. Dude, why ever do that much work, by yourself, for free?!

Originally posted by razorace

That's weird. I can't imagine him thinking about redoing ALL the saber complex saber, force code, etc. to move it to another engine. Dude, why ever do that much work, by yourself, for free?!

Amen to that! He's probably not thinking of doing something in the SW vein, I imagine.

hi, sorry i didn't answer this earlier but i left for a week and just came back...

well i had many problems for the njo mod and i failed to manage a big team ....

A lack of experience, time and luck but anyway i m sad this project sank because i really wanted to make it (love the EU and especially njo) and think it could have been really enjoyable.

Anyway i m working on a smaller project : a trickjumping mod for q3 (take a look at http://www.planetquake.com/defrag <== not my mod but a good trickjumping mod (if not the best)). I m creating a points calculation system like in tony hawk.

a fun project i rally care about too :)

i m sorry artifex but i wouldn't be able to carry on your project...

I really lack time, (i m in college and studies take too much time) so i m not considering to create a big mod or to manage a project by myself right now.

However i won't leave these boards, i ll still be around and in #jk2coding.

i ll maybe consider to restart the njo mod if a few persons are REALLY motivated since i care about this project.

see ya.

PS : Artifex i just wanted to tell you that you're doing a great work from the begining (ASC was funny too:)) for the community.

Archived