Home

Thermal Detanator/animations/16 weapon limit?

XSeth2kX

When you have the thermal detanator selected you notice how the hand and a pecie of the arm show, is it possible to edit the arm?

Also ive been experimenting with animations for a few days but how do i animate arms ?

How do i break the 16 weapon limit?

The animations for the view/FPS models are in the model file of the weapon which end with _hand.md3 if you extract all the files from assets0.pk3 (i think that's what it's called) into your base directory, you can load up the TD's _hand.md3 model and see which models are involved in the animations.

As for animating arms, you have to attach specific meshes or groups of surfaces/vertices to bones, and then you edit the md3 by moving around the tags... it's a complicated business, I suggest you experiment with it a bit.

As for breaking the 16 weapon limit - you have to change around the maximum number of weapons (a constant which #defined) but also the number of powerups or ammo. There's actually much changing around to do. If I were you I would see if there is a different way to do it... Look through this FAQ and search this forum for some solutions if you want.

1 more question about the thermal detonator.Is it possible to make weapons that show the arms that doesnt detanate the.the reason iask is because th eonly weapons that are like that are the thermal detonator and the (uhhh,forgot its name)

Archived