Home

EMI Saved Games

BlytheSpirit

Hi all. I am stuck with the timed sequence - the music box - and downloaded some saved games off this site so I could hopefully skip this part as it has me tearing out my hair. However, when I copy a few of the d/l games to my Saved Games folder they show up as BAD DATA, the screen freezes and I cannot use them. Have I done something wrong? I still have all the saved games I have played myself. Just wanted one after the music box thing.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Gabez. That is where I downloaded them from. They came zipped and I unzipped them into a new folder in My Docs, and just copied a few of them into my EMI Saved Games file. I already had 20 saved games (that I did myself) in there. The 3 that I copied across were 21,22,23 and they all came up as Bad Data. Mmmmm.

Perhaps I should move my own Saved Games somewhere else and just put all the d/l ones in the EMI Saved Games folder and see what happens?

Anyway, thanks. Will let you know what happens. :confused:

That would explain it :D I have the patch but after the "problem" I uninstalled and re-installed EMI (electing to keep the saved games) and didn't apply the patch. Silly me. Will give that a try. Thanks. Knew it must be something simple that I overlooked :(

Thanks for your help.

Just in case some other Gamer is searching for clues to a similar problem, thought I would post what I actually had to do to get those ScummBar saved games to run.

I tried to install the patch 1.1 and got an error message so ended up checking Tech Support on LucasArts' site. There were 2 solutions:

1. Find MI4 folder, delete Patch.m4b, run update again. This didn't help, the d/l saved games still wouldn't work.

2. Uninstall game, delete game folder, reinstall game, then reinstall Patch 1.1. Advice was also to try installing the minimum install. I then unzipped the ScummBar saved games to the Saved Games folder in MI4. This I did and it worked.

I am now past the music box bit and onto Act2 - Enter the Manatee.

Thanks who replied to my original post.

Archived