Home

Scout Trooper release 1!

slurpy_commando

hey everyone. Today I submitted the first release version of my scout trooper model! It has some little glitchs, no lods, no team support and no bots, and a swamptrooper icon. Also some of the meshes have too many verts so I havn't made a shaders for it yet. I used a high-poly movie model i downloaded off of nixon's 3d website and put the armor on a kyle model. Expect a better version in the near future.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went to your site at geocities and saw the pics of the scout. dude when that model is done it is gonna look so awsome.

@ slurpy_commando, i played your model and i think so far it is very impressive. much thanks to you, its good to know you as well as many other modelers out there, are part of making other people happy with out being payed money for your services. that shows alot of character. so incase you did'nt realize it, besides tallent you have character.

haha, the reason the skin looks wierd is because i used ms paint and made a black square and a white square for the textures :). Plus there is still some of the mesh that needs re-adjusting. But right now i have a more serious problem, I can't re-install jk2! I run setup.exe, but it keeps asking me if i want to remove it, not to install it. I checked the add-remove program thing in control panel and it's still listed as installed( but its not). I press the add/remove button to get rid of it, and it says it did, but when i go back to it its still listed as installed!

no, i deleted all of it. I did a search through my computer and deleted all jedi outcast files. Then i did a search in regedit and deleted everything in the registry (that took it off the add/remove program list) but it's still not leting me install. I run the setup.exe from the game cd, the splash screen with kyle pops up and there's that install wizard progress bar that preps it for install. Then instead of going to the first install screen, a message box pops up saying " Do you want to delete the selected files?" You can choose "cancel" which makes it quit, and "ok" which deletes nothing, and then says "finished preforming mantinance on jedi outcast". I might have to have word or two with ravensoft. :snow:

well from what i know this guys still working on the model, its only a beta. and of course skining it will be the ice-ing on the cake.

@ slurpy_commando i hope you dont plan on having the team colors on the scout to be all a solid color such as blue and red. i think it would just take away the flair the model has. maybe like a stripe, kinda like the clone troopers just something minor. i did'nt like the way the storm troopers looked with solid colors. or maybe you thought of that already, maybe not.

I was thinking about having a shoulder pad be a different color, skinning is not something i can do. Some of the models parts are much too complex to UWV map. I could add shaders, but the glare from the armor reflection would look really bad on a solid white. but, hey my friend swung me over a nice copy of windows xp, so now jedi outcast works! but now another problem has come up, this time with 3d studio max. I keep getting some wierd security warning when i start it.

Eeeeeeey Slurpy! Nice model, but the skin looks odd. I know it is beta and all that, but im just saying what it is. ...or something like that....

And btw, that pistol, nice work!

One more thing, DO NOT SEND IT TO JEDI-OUTCAST.COM! They do not update the filebase. They only care bout the forums, those sobbs.

:D

PS: i would be glad if u rated my post!

PSS: the storerate.gif link under my post.

PSSS: ...thank you...

ok, so far i have fixed all the problems with my computer. The first problem was solved by upgrading to xp, the second problem was solved by installing a newer version of c-dilla. Now 3ds max works and now jk2 works :) . Skinning will be a somewhat difficult task because 1. I know Ms paint is the best-in-all but it has its limitations. 2. The vest, helmet, knee pads make up 70% of the model's poly count, trying to uvwmap that sucka is going to take some time :) . I also need to figure out how to make the pistol show up in first-person, anyone know?

Archived